Chapter 3

Hayden's pov
Tuesday. 9:27 am
"Hey." I hear a whisper. For one second I find myself in a peaceful state of mind until I remember where I actually am. I open my eyes and I can tell it's day, because some of the light sneaks into this basement through the gapes of the boxes that cover the little windows.

"Wake up." Mandy's voice breaks the silence again.
"What happened?" I ask trying to move. Being tied down to this bed makes my whole body hurt from being so stiff.
"It's better if you wake up first." Mandy looks to the ceiling worried as she hears noises from upstairs.

"Right." I sigh looking around in that dark basement we're into.
"If only I could get my hands on a computer." I whisper remembering Garcia is always in front of a computer.
"Yeah,  he's not gonna give one to you if you asl nicely." Mandy smiles shaking her head.
"I know, but if I could get somehow in touch with Garcia, the team here would come here." I start picturing scenarios of the team getting us out of here.
"Who's Garcia? He's on your Spencer's team?" Mandy asks and I smile lightly. "Garcia's a she. And yes, she's on Reid's team. Best technical analysts there is." I feel a tear in my eyes as I start picturing scenarios of never seeing these guys ever again.
"How'd you know?" Mandy asks and I look into her eyes giving her a smile.
"I helped her on some cases Spencer was working." I say starting to remember how was the first time i met Garcia.

"And this is how you do it." I finish showing the new security engineer, Ella how to be more careful when setting up a firewall.
"I'm sorry." She says and I can see it on her face that she's terrified.
"Don't worry sweetie. You didn't kill anyone." I smile ensuring her everything is fine. I love connecting with every single one at the Safest corporation. I love to see everyone's way to work and yes, probably because I'm a major control freak, but partially because there might be new things I could learn from each and every one in here. I know I don't know everything, so connecting with everyone gives me the advantage of learning every day something new and teaching the newbies too.

"I'm just really sorry. I didn't realize that by doing that wrong I'll have the CISO brought all the way down here." She travels her soft hands to her forehead and I put slowly my hand on hr shoulder.
"I'm not here because you did something wrong. I'm here to ensure you, I'll be here for each and every one whenever they need help. There's no shame in getting help, plus you remind me of a girl who was just like you in the beginning." I feel my phone buzzing and Ella smiles nodding slowly.
"Excuse me." I say turning my attention to the phone popping Spencer's name on it.

"Hello?" I must admit I'm pretty surprised he calls me when I'm at work.
"Hey Hayden. We need your help, do you think you could go to the Washington Field Office and help us out with a case?" Spencer asks and now I'm confused.
"Uhm, with a case? And how could I help?"
"We're running short of technical analysts and we're dealing with some girls kidnappers. It's a whole network of them and we're running out of time so if you could please just head to the Office and help Garcia out, I'll text you the adress. She said she could really use another pair of hands." He talks really fast but he never asked me for help and I want to give it to him. I feel my heart pumping fast and I'm already walking fast to my desk.

"Sure. Ok. Will you be there?" I ask completely blown away by his quickness. He seems stressed out and I know he's in the middle of a case right now, I just have no idea in which state he is right now.
"I'm in Houston right now, but Garcia is gonna be there and you're probably the only one who talks her language so you'll understand what you have to do when you get there." He tells me and I sigh grabbing my bag.
"Ok. I'm going now. I guess I'll talk to you later?" I don't even have time to process what's going on because him being so rushed in talking to me made me stop thinking.
"Yes. Thank you so much Hayden." Spencer seems so nervous right now.
"Yeah, don't thank me yet. I haven't done anything." I'm getting so nervous now just thinking about consulting the FBI. I never did that. I have no idea what I will actually do there or if my skills will help, but if Spencer called me, he probably trusts that I can help so I will have to trust his rational thinking on this.
"You will once you get there. I've gotta go now, but thanks again. We'll talk when you get to the WFO" he says and I nod, even though he can't see me, saying bye.