Epilogue

After she checked the time to make sure that she wasn't late when she arrived, she stepped inside the bakery shop and was welcomed by the lovely smell of fresh pastries being made. Walking further into the shop, she headed towards the cashier with a smile on her face. As if noticing her presence, he looked up at her and returned her smile.

"Hi, what would you like to order?" He asked.

"I guess some of these and two cups of coffee." She told him and he nodded his head, while he placed in her order. After she waited for some time, she picked up her orders and sat down near the window, waiting for him.

***

While time passed, she didn't think he would show since it's been awhile she's waited. Sighing, she slowly got up and threw away her trash and walked outside the coffee shop.

"Well this was a failed attempt." She mumbled to herself when she placed her hands inside her pockets and walked ahead. She looked ahead, kicking the small rocks on the ground and felt somewhat down. She didn't want to assume things since maybe Chris ended up being too busy to see her this time around. Before she could cross the street, someone called out to her.

"Mel!" She heard a deep red velvety voice coming from behind her. She turned halfway around and saw that it was Chris running towards her. She smiled at him, already forgiving him for being late since something must have kept him late.

"Hey." She looked up at him, and he smiled charmingly, as she stared into his ocean blue eyes. Instantly she felt butterflies in her stomach, but she quickly calmed her nerves. She hugged him and he hugged her back.

"Sorry, I'm late. I was caught up in traffic." He sighed, while tousled his hair a little.

"No it's fine." She nodded her head.

"Do you want to sit somewhere?" He asked.

"Sure." She replied, while they both looked around and finally spotted a bench nearby. After they sat down, she spoke.

"So how have you been?" She asked.

"Fine, you?" He asked.

"Fine." She nodded her head.

"It's been a while since we last saw each other."

"Yeah it has been." She agreed, while she ate some of the pastries she saved. She offered him some, and he took it thanking her.

"The other day, I read the email you sent me. What was it that you wanted to tell me?" He looked at her, waiting patiently.

Suddenly, she felt her heart beat faster and she nervously licked her lips.

"Chris, you and I have known each other for years, and it's taken me a while to say, but I'm in love with you..." She slowly dragged on, and waited for his response. Preparing herself for the worst, she slowly breathed in and out and waited for him to reply considering he was staring at her for a while with a unread emotion in his eyes.

"I'm sorry if-"

But before she could finish her sentence, he kissed with every fiber in his being, passionately as if the only two existed within the world. When they finally pulled apart, he rested his forehead on hers, while she tried to catch her breath.

"The moment I saw you, I had fallen in love with you." He gave her a peck on the lips, and she slowly smiled. The words he spoke did something to her that truly made her feel what love really felt like.

© 2016. All Rights Reserved 2016 Punkxst