Chapter Thirteen: The Sound of Silence

HOLY SHIT I LIVE!

It's been like seven hundred years since I updated but I am here once again! Summer has been amazing and fun so that's a bonus. I start senior year soon so...wow. I am so old. I will be turning eighteen soon and then I start college next year O.o

WHEN DID I GET SO OLD?!

Anyway....

Thanks so much for all of your patience these past months but I'm updating now so yay (: all of your guys support is extremely helpful for me right now. This year is going to be huge for us and for me as well. It already has been huge and...ugh I just love you all so much ❤️

Figured I could start dedicating chapters to people again so this chapter is dedicated to Cryptic_Eyes. I know I already dedicated a chapter to her but she has quickly become an amazing friend and fellow Fairy Tail fangirl. I hope to talk to you again soon, Casee.

The audio above is the song this chapter was based after. I have an obsession with this song even though it came out in the 60's.... Ehehe...

Thank you all and I hope you enjoy this chapter!

-Dylan

**

"How is she?" Gray asked, walking into the room with a bowl of cool water. Juvia dabs at the bruises lining Lucy's neck with a towel, pressing the cool water against the angry red skin to try and calm the bruises. Juvia looked up at him and sighed softly, pushing her free fingers through her hair.

"Lucy's alright....just sleeping now." She said, pressing the towel back into the water. "Juvia just....she just can't believe it."

"Believe what?" Gray asked, setting the bowl on the table next to the bed Lucy was laying in. The three sat in the infirmary, Gray not wanting to take the blonde any where else to prevent any possible fists from flying towards his face when she woke up. The moon shone through the window and only the lacrima's shining next to Lucy's bed illuminated the room, casting a yellow glow across Juvia's pale face. Gray watched her as she dabbed at Lucy's neck, pressing it down onto her skin and holding it there, hoping the water would do something to heal the bruises on the blondes slim neck.

"That Natsu-san would do this to Lucy." Juvia finally said silently. Gray nodded slowly, sitting down on the opposite side of Juvia. "Natsu-san and Lucy are so close...Juvia is just relieved that we ran in here when we did."

"Yeah," Gray said, looking around and letting out a dramatic sigh. "But this place is trashed. Master is going to be so upset. That pyromaniac sure destroyed this place." He said, causing Juvia to let out a half hearted laugh. The two sat in silence, the only sound being Lucy's light breathing. Outside was dark, a candle flickering on Lucy's bedside table made Juvia's pale skin glow. Gray watched her and signed, reaching over Lucy and placing his hand on hers. Juvia jerked her head up, blue eyes wide as Gray swallowed.

"Are you cold?" Was all he muttered and Juvia gave him a smile.

"Gray-sama..." She murmured as he pulled off his jacket and handed it to her. Juvia held it for a moment, looking down at the white jacket before sliding it onto her shoulders. Hugging her self, she smelt Gray's scent, a mix of mint and sea which sounded weird but mixed together to create an alluring scent. Juvia looked at Gray as he leaned back in his chair, tilting his head back.

"We need to figure out what the hell is going on with everyone." He said, causing Juvia to look at him in curiosity.

"What–"