Not The Best

Picture of Ava

I woke up and stretched. It was a quiet morning and Alex was already awake.

"Good morning Alex." I said and I felt my eyes turn pink.

"Pink?" Alex asked.

"Worried about Andrea." I explained.

"I know. She's so quiet." Alex said.

I shrugged and got ready.

"You have to pass the test." Alex said smiling.

He turned me around. He grabbed my ass.

"Pervert." I said.

"Aww muffin you know you love it." He said picking me up.

"Yeah I do." I said kissing him.

He put me down as we walked downstairs. Andrea came down and she looked like she got no sleep.

"Good morning Andrea." I said smiling.

"Hi." She said duly.

"I made you breakfast." Derek said.

"I'm not hungry." Andrea said.

"Andrea I know your sad but you gotta eat a little at least." Andre said from behind her. Andrea would do anything for Andre so she ate some.

"Thanks sis." Andre said kissing her forehead.

"Whatever." Andrea said.

"Take it easy buddy." Andre said.

A tear left her eye.

"For once in my life I was actually happy." Andrea said.

She kept walking and her eyes turned cold like they always were unless she was around us girls.

Andre was gonna be with her all day so I walked off with Alex. My eyes were still pink as I was worried. I stood there thinking of Andrea.

"Avery." Alex said snapping me out of my thoughts.

"What?" I asked.

"I know you're worried about Andrea but she's with Andre. She's safe." Alex said kissing my forehead.

I nodded and he grabbed my hand to walk to class.

I got to class and we were in for a project. I sighed not in the mood for a project and Alex and I weren't working together. Alex was working with some girl. Not gonna lie. That did shake me a bit but I trust him. But the girl gave me a smirk. My eyes were still pink but turned gray. I trust him, I thought.
*************
I got partnered with Andrea so we were gonna work in her room and Alex and the girl were gonna work next door.

Andrea seemed to be doing a little better which I was thankful for.

"Let's get started." Andrea said. I nodded my head and got a poster.

We got started and the requirements were that we had to have the periodic table.

"I'm gonna go get my notes next door ok?" I said.

Andrea nodded.

I got up and went next door to see the girl kissing Alex. They saw me and Alex stopped. The girl smirked at me but I just shrugged.

"You mad?" The girl asked.

"Nah I couldn't care less." I said shrugging.

"I mean you can have him. Sure. He's single now but I honestly saw it coming. I have a weird life. So you guys keep making out and I'm going to go get my notes. I didn't interrupt." I said and left.