Butterflies

Back in her apartment, Judy replayed the brief dance she'd had with Bernie in her head while she picked out a few outfits to take to her family's farm. She had her white rainbow polka-dotted suitcase with a few flannel shirts, tank tops, and baggy farm jeans. She wasn't sure whether or not to bring her nice skinny jeans, or what she should wear to her coffee date with Bernie.

She had been searching for her iKarret charger for the past half hour when her phone vibrated on her desk. It was a ScratchCat from Nick.

The picture showed Nick's failed attempt in making scrambled eggs. The eggs had burned, creating a black mess on his pan. "Can't have a decent dinner around here," the caption said.

Judy laughed. She snapped a picture of herself with a paw clasped over her mouth. She typed in a caption, "Happens to me all the time. My portable stove isn't the best." She glanced at the untrustworthy stove and mini fridge next to her desk.

The phone vibrated again.

It was a text from her mother. "Can't wait to see you tomorrow!"

But her mind wasn't looking forward to seeing her large family again the next day. Her mind was only on Bernie, and dancing with him in her office. Oh, what would she wear tomorrow? She had to wear something presentable but comfortable for the train ride...

Judy tossed and turned in her bed that night. She tried to play the calm tunes radio, but her neighbors yelled at her to turn it off, so she took out her iPuma, plugged in her earbuds, and played some slow songs from Hyena Gomez.

It only made her think of Bernie's cute, classy glasses, his sleek dark gray fur, and his dimpled smile.