Chapter 1

Samantha and her best friend Alicia hadn't seen each other in four years, not since she had moved from Oklahoma to New York City, where she had gone to pursue her dream of broadway. She hadn't yet been involved in such a big role, but she had played a few minor roles since the move. Now she was back in Oklahoma for a visit, to see her family and spend some time with Alicia. She was at a concert with her, and had just managed to squeeze her way up front with her. It was their all time favorite band that they had grown up with, Hanson.

They came up on stage a few minutes later, and she went into fan girl mode. She jumped up and down, screaming at the top of her lungs as they started out with her favorite off the CD.

Out on the corner on your soapbox looking down

Waving your flag like this is a battle ground

Your fancy words try to cut me down to size

Hey mister, mister, you’re in for a big surprise

You can’t stop us

You can’t stop us now

Soldier of fortune tried to shoot me down

Beating his chest only to hear the sound

Pumping his fist saying that our cause is dead

Go put your lies in somebody else’s head

You can’t stop us

You can’t stop us

You can’t stop us now

You can’t stop us

You can’t stop us

You say you’re teaching wrong from right

I say you’re preaching only to start a fight

Blood on your hands and mud on your face

Our time has come and you’re standing in the way

You can’t stop us

You can’t stop us

You can’t stop us

You can’t stop us now

She sang along with the words, smiling as she watched Taylor wipe his hair from his face at the end of the song. He had grown up to be such a cutie she thought, and lately she found herself thinking about him.

She hadn't seen him in about five years, as him and his brothers had been on tour the previous year before she moved. She had been good friends with the guys since she was about ten. That's when she had first moved into Oklahoma, when her dad's job transferred them there. She had moved just across the street from them, and had always spent so much time over there when they weren't over at her house.

When she was fourteen, her and Isaac had started going out. They dated briefly, but he hadn't been much of a boyfriend to her. He always was on the lookout for more beautiful women, and she knew that. Her jealousy grew until one day when she finally caught him making out with another girl, and not just anyone but with her least favorite person from school. Stephanie had always been looking for ways to ruin her reputation in school, as she was just jealous that people liked Samantha more than her. She never had succeeded in that, but she did manage to break her and Isaac up. Samantha never forgave Isaac for that, and her hate for Stephanie grew.

Alicia had been her best friend since they were fifteen, who had moved with her mother when her parents divorced. She was originally from Oklahoma to begin with. The two girls had instantly hit it off, and although Alicia became involved with Isaac for a short time as well, it never became a problem. At that point, he was was writing music with his brothers and barely paying any attention to her. That's when she had broken it off with him.