Chapter Fourteen

Ok so I have the rest of the book planned out and there are only going to be eighteen chapters

I'm sorry I couldn't figure out how to make the book longer guys.

Hope you enjoy :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Alright, you're all set to go home! I'm sorry this happened to you, Mr. Grassi. Stay safe!"

I wave halfheartedly at the nurse, offering her a small smile before I turn to Scott. "Ready?" I ask softly, slipping my hand into his. He smiles, nodding, and we begin the trek to his car.

We walk in silence, but our hands swing backwards and forwards again like a child's and her mother's. I'm glad we're holding hands, but it's not only because I love holding hands with Scott. It's also hiding the fact that my hands are shaking like crazy. My other hand is stuffed in my pocket, so Scott has no way of knowing how nervous I am to return home.

"Are you okay?" Scott asks suddenly, and I realize he's watching me concernedly. I jump slightly, startled. I compose myself before he notices anything. "I'm fine," I say hurriedly, cringing internally at how rushed my words sound. Scott raises an eyebrow. "Really? 'Cause you seem kind of . . . nervous," he says. "H-how can you tell? Is-is it that obvious?" I stutter, and Scott lets out a small chuckle. "Yep. The way your eyes dart around, the way you jump at practically every sound . . . you're definitely either nervous or scared. In your case I wouldn't be surprised if it was both, but you don't have anything to be afraid of. I won't let anyone hurt you. Now, what's bothering you?" I sigh, angry with myself for letting him know.

"I just- I'm scared."

"We've established that, yes."

"Shut up, Hoying. It's hard to explain. I just feel like someone's watching me, you know?"

"Are they checking you out?"

"Excuse me?"

"Are they checking you out?"

"I don't know."

"If they are I'll kill them. You're mine."

I force out a laugh. "Overprotective much?" Scott just shrugs, pulling me closer and throwing his arm around my shoulders. "It's true. You're mine and only mine. No one else can have you." I lean my head against his side, absentmindedly grabbing his hand. "I don't want anybody else, so you don't have anything to worry about," I tell him, and he laughs, gently placing a kiss on my forehead. "Back to business. What's bothering you?" I groan frustratedly. "Aw, I was hoping to sidetrack you enough so I wouldn't have to answer this question," I complain to no one in particular, and Scott's rumbling laughter reaches my ears again. He pokes me teasingly. "Answer the question."

"Scott?"

"Yes?"

"This is probably a stupid question, but . . ."

"But . . . ?"

"Is Gordon still going to stay with us?"

"No. Absolutely not. Not after what he did to my baby."

"Good."

We walk in silence for a couple more minutes before I speak again. "Scott?"

"Yeah, Mitch?"

"I love you."

"I love you, too."