Chapter 1

Hi. I'm Tayla just the average girl, I guess. Im 15, 5'2 with deep red hair and blue eyes. People say I have problems, I guess they are right.

I have been in and out of foster homes for the last 5 years. I have ran away from way to many homes to count and have been to jail several times. I'm not perfect. Not at all.

Im starting school at Longview high school in a new foster home. My new foster dads were really nice, but they don't get me, they never will. I will never have any friends I never do. I never get attached I know I'm leaving anyway.

My new foster dads are I n the kitchen when I get up. Dan and Andy, some shit like that. I can never remember.

"Hey there Tayla. Are you ready to start your new school today?", said Dan.

"Ugh" is all I say and run back up stairs to get ready.

I want to make a good first impression at my new school. I decide to wear my blue anchor crop top, a blue and cream chevron cardigan, and my favorite high waisted shorts and for shoes I decide to wear my blue convers with white dots. I decide to just straighten my long hair and pin back the front. I do my eyeliner, a little foundation and mascara. When I'm finished I head head down stairs.

By the time I get downstairs it's already time to leave. I grab my lunch that Andy made for me the night before, it looks pretty good. All three of us are out the door before I could even catch my breath. We get into the Ford Escape and head to my first day. Yay?