Chapter 9: The Past to the Present

(Opening Theme: When It Falls Ft. Casey Lee Williams)

I want to be strong.

A beautiful ring, for a beautiful woman.

I'm sorry?

I want to be feared.

What!? That's impossible! What did--

There she went that way!

I want to be powerful.

Someone, call the police!

How in the world did she do that?

***

"How did you do that?"

Emerald had found herself cornered in an alleyway of the city. There that stood before her was a young beautiful woman with a pair of golden eyes and short black hair covering one eye. She wore a red dress that tied around her neck and revealed her back. Underneath the dress she on laced cropped leggings with it she wore brown heels. She had on earrings that was of a black diamond. Around her ankle, was what appeared to be of the same black diamonds. On a holster that connected to her back she appeared to have double swords.

The alley that Emerald was in had a dead end. She could only think of one thing to do against her enemy.

"Don't." The woman said stopping her, "Unless of course, you want them to hear you."

Emerald moved her hands away from her weapons when she heard the jeweler shout faintly from the distance.

"What do you want!?" Emerald demanded.

"I've already told you." The woman said, "And I don't like repeating myself."

"I didn't do anything!" Emerald said with a glare, "Just leave me alone!"

The woman smiled while raising an eyebrow; she looked a bit amused. "I know my fair share of liars and thieves." The woman said, "Stealing is an art of patience, coordination, and in a pinch, sleight of hand. But you didn't steal that ring in your pocket."

Emerald appeared to have been taken back by this, surprised that the woman standing before her knows that.

The woman continued, "You took it right before the jeweler's eyes. And he smiled.

"Who..." Emerald stammered, "Who are you?"

The woman smiled, and simply replied, "Cinder. Cinder Fall."

***

For now on, you will question everything you know.

N--no way... This is impossible!

I wish to take on an apprentice.

He lives in the mountains, with his son and daughter.

Follow me... And you'll never go hungry again.

Thank you...

***

A young teenage girl with shoulder length gray hair and gray eyes wearing a simple black tank top with long dark green pants with black shoes. She appeared to have a single stitch on her right and left shoulder. A young teenage boy used the girl for support to stand on his feet. He wore a gray and black short sleeved shirt with an uneven collar, with a pair of brown pants and fingerless gloves on his hands. He had bandages around his legs and it was a bit drenched in blood. His eye was closed and the both of them were covered in bruises, but from the looks of it, the girl was in better condition than him despite her having a few serious cuts.