Fears

Sonic sighed, laying on a hill of soft grass, as he looked up at the almost clear blue sky. His arms behind his head, propping his head slightly up, and his leg over the other. He closed his eyes, getting tired at looking at the same fish shaped cloud. It didn't even look that much like a fish to Sonic, but that's the closest thing it looked like. He was bored, and hoped for ANY kind of change. Whether it be in the clouds, or the evil planning of Doctor Eggman.

He decided to try and forget about how bored he was, as he tried to take a nap. He almost succeeded as he drifted off to sleep, until a shadow loomed over him, startling him a little. He opened his eyes carefully and nonchalantly, to reveal a figure above him.

"Oh, hey Tails."- He said, closing his eyes again, and rolling over to his side, turning away from tails. His one arm still under his head and the other over his eyes. He sighed , once again boredom claimed him.

"Um, hi Sonic..."- Tails words lingered, as if trying to say more.

Turning over again, he sat up, his hands propping him up. He looked up at Tails. Mildly concerned by the semi worried look his face.

"What's up, Tails? Something the matter?"- Sonic asked, raising an eyebrow as Tails started fidgeting his fingers together, looking down.

This time, Sonic noticed the slight blush on Tails face, as he twittled his thumbs. "U-um I kinda wanted to ask you something. "- Tails said looking Sonic in the eye this time.

"Yeah, go ahead."- Sonic said, shrugging.

"I just wanted to know if you wanna go and get Icecream? It's a pretty hot day, and you looked bored, so..."- Tails said, smiling, then trailed off.

"Mm, that sounds great!"- Sonic grinned, standing up.

"Hehe, great!"- Tails smiled brighter than before, and Sonic felt his heart skip a beat.

"Yeah... So want me to just carry you to town, or..."- Sonic suggested, looking at Tails and noticed he had an umbrella in his hand.

"Sure, but let's walk on the way back, okay? Its supposed to rain, I guess. And it will be nice to walk and eat our icecream. "- Tails said, and Sonic picked him up bridal style.

Blushing slightly, he clutched the umbrella to his chest, to make sure it wouldn't go flying once Sonic ran.

"Ready? Hold on tight, and hold your breath."- Sonic said, getting a good grip on Tails before running.

Nodding, Tails tightened his grip, closed his eyes, and the second he held his breath,  Sonic took off.

It was a swift and smooth ride, with a soft patter of Sonic's feet. It all happened in a rush, and before he knew it, It stopped.

"Alright, we're here."- Sonic said, and Tails opened his eyes wearily and slowly.

Standing in the Town Square, he looked around, before Sonic set him down carefully.

"Thanks!"- Tails said, but tripped over his own feet. Before he could fall, Sonic caught him in his arms.

"Whoa."- Sonic said, holding Tails still.

"Ah, I'm sorry!"- Tails stood up once more, and blushed.

"Its okay, Tails."- Sonic said, and looked around himself.

"So... the usual?"- He asked gesturing towards an icecream shoppe them and the gang always went to.

"Yeah."- Tails said, and they both started to walk to the shoppe.

Sonic opened the the door for the both of them, and the bell on the door dinged. It was a cozy little icecream shoppe, and the owner and employees knew them well. They were regular customers.

"Hi, guys! Oh, where are the others."- The lady, Crystal behind the counter greeted, then looked behind them.

"Oh, it's just me and Tails today. The others are all doing their own thing. Its been pretty quiet around here."- Sonic said, with a hint of guilt on his face.

"Oh, okay. That's fine. Anyway, the usual for you guys?"- She asked, and started working right away, getting out cones. Not even needing our response, because she well knew they got the same thing each time.

"Yeah."- Tails nodded, and pulled out a five dollar bill from his left Tail. And yes, he kept things in his tails. A few things actually.

Finishing quickly, they looked perfect. She was a pro at this by now, and really quick about it.

Putting the money on the counter, she handed them their cones. "Thank you!"- Tails smiled and Sonic chuckled, and Crystal waved and said Goodbye, as they went out the door.

Tails had always gotten a coffee caramel swirl, and Sonic a green mint. Walking slowly down the street they ate their icecream.

At some point, Sonic had grabbed Tails hand, and they walked along, holding hands, as they ate. Tails then had to hold the umbrella with his tail. Both of their hearts raced, and Tails seemed to have a faint blush the whole time. Looking down as they walked, they talked.

About small things, that didn't really matter, and had no interest to Tails. Finishing their treat, it seemed a little awkward as they ran out of things to say.

"So um..."- Tails started, but just then a loud crack echoed through the sky.

"Ah!"- Tails screamed, and flinched, as he recoiled onto Sonic.

All of a sudden, it started to pour. It rained hard, and Sonic took and put the umbrella up right away. They were a little wet, but Tails smart thinking to bring an umbrella, and Sonic's fast moves saved them from getting drenched.

Tails whimpered, when lightening struck again. Clutching to Sonic harder than possible, shaking and trembling. His eyes squeezed shut tight, biting his lip.

Sonic, wrapped his other arm around him as  he held the umbrella. Gripping him around his waist, Sonic pulled him as close as he could to him.

Tails calmed down slightly, and his breathing slowed, along with the violent heaving of his shoulders. Tails nuzzled his face in the warmth of Sonic's chest, breathing his comforting scent. His expression softened, and came back to reality, and the position he was in.

It rained and rained, and Tails looked up and Sonic, and Sonic down at Tails. They stared into each others eyes for a moment, and it seemed to last forever.

The moment was perfect, as the rained seemed to mute and block out the rest of the world. The fast patter of the rain hitting the umbrella, and the shared breath between them.

Sonic then leaned down, and kissed Tails lightly on the lips, before Tails leaned up, pressing his lips into Sonic's. It was a perfect moment, and a slight flush appeared on both of these faces, and the kiss was innocent and pure.

Pulling apart, both of them panted lightly, and blushing slightly.

"I-I have a crush on you Sonic... "- Was all Tails said, and Sonic smiled.

"Well, I love you Tails."- Sonic said, and Tails heart skipped a beat, as his eyes widened.

Tails didn't say anything, he just wrapped his arms around Sonic's neck, and squeezed him in a hug.

"I love you, I love you, I love you, too!"- Tails said, tears in his eyes, as he smiled big.

"Heh."- Sonic chuckled and kissed the top of Tails' head, stroking the back of his head.

"I'll love you, and keep you safe, from all of your Fears."

~The End~

A/N: Thank you for reading, and I hoped you enjoyed my little short fluffy story of Sonic and Tails! Vote, comment ect.!