Chapter 45

READ THE AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE END, YES IT IS LONG BUT HAS TO DO WITH THE FATE OF THE BOOK!

Theo POV

I'm pretty nervous to see Shai, I'm outside in her driveway looking at her apartment. There's so much I want, but I'm too afraid to risk it all. As you can tell, I'm not the best gambler, but maybe I should take a chance. Not now, but sometime in the near future. I want to get to know more about her first, which seems like the right thing to do. Also I know the semester is ending soon so once she's not my student anymore it will all be easier. I wonder how she thinks of me... I shake my head. I can't dwell on that thought much longer, she's probably wondering where I'm at.

I walk inside the house and call out her name, I wait a few seconds and then I hear, "In the kitchen Theo!" I smile and walk over to her, seeing her cutting up some vegetables. "What's all this Shai?"

She shrugs, "I was in the mood to cook today, so I'm randomly making vegetable soup. Hope you're hungry!"

I nod, she's always looking out for people and making sure they are comfortable. "Here let me help you Shai, cooking is always fun when you have a partner."

***

"That was amazing Shai, you're always being creative in the kitchen!" I say as I put the bowls in the sink, I look over at her and see her blushing.

"Awe thanks Theo but I can't take all the credit, I did have help from an amazing assistant!" She winks at me and I can't help but laugh.

"I do have to admit, I am pretty good in the kitchen." I wink back at her and her reaction is a mixture of laughing and blushing.

    I walk over to her and hug her, "Theoooooooo, I need to breathe!" I look down and realize how tight I'm holding her, I loosen my hold. "Sorry had to make sure you were a human and not an alien disguised as Shailene." She laughs and kisses my cheek. Everything freezes.

I'm looking at her, she's looking at me. It's so quiet you could hear a pin drop. My heart skipping a few beats because of a simple kiss on the cheek. Staring into each other's eyes, I can't fight the urge anymore. I slowly start leaning forward, taking the chance. At the same time I do this I feel Shai leave my arms, I open my eyes and see she is walking away, "Thank goodness it's me and not an alien then." She's laughing and going to the living room, I stand there staring at the woman who I have officially fell for.

A/N; Yes, that was an April Fools joke but is somewhat true, I have been experiencing a writers block with Sheo. I know you all have noticed since I been putting in more Daren/Ana bits just because I like writing about love. I do apologize for that because this is a Sheo story and I'm focusing it on other things. So here's what I'll do. On Thursday I'll update the last few chapters of the book (which to me aren't thay good but it will do for now) then I'll take a week off from writing and then the following week release the sequel which should be so much better! Within that week off I'll be rewriting chapters I've already written for the sequel to be more Sheo based. Thank you for all those who supported me and my choices, but trust me when I say I'll never leave a story unfinished for you all. I love you all and thank you for sticking with me!

<4