Untitled Part 1

Average height with jet black hair, Alexandra is the most unnatural teen in today's society. Instead of worrying about when and where the next party was going to be, she worried whether she made an average or high A on a test. Instead of worrying about her personal relationships, she worried about the relationships between atoms, and historical figures. Her main goal was to graduate with high honors and a full scholarship, and everything was fine, until she had a nervous breakdown at school and was admitted to the hospital.

***

Alexandra had her nose in her textbook when the nurse walked in. "You know that's what got you here in the first place right?" She was very tall with brunette hair and bounced up and down as she walked. Alexandra ignored her comment while the nurse took her blood pressure and temperature. "You're nervous breakdown was caused by anxiety. It could've been you constantly being an overachiever that caused it. Maybe you should slow down and rest a little bit." Alexandra placed her book on the end table beside her bed and rolled over, turning her back to the nurse. After making sure the machines were on their proper settings and turning out the lights, the nurse left.

"You have to wake up now." The voice was distant and barely audible, but Alexandra still heared it.

"No."

"Wake up." The voice was getting closer.

"I thought you said I needed rest. When I finally do rest, you come bother me."

"WAKE UP!" this time the voice was directly in her ear and she bolted up. She was sitting on a field of grass looking at herself. "Who are you and where am I?"

"I'm you, and you've just entered this wonderful place we like to call wonderland." The girl that looked like Alexandra made a grand gesture with her arms spread out as she finished talking. Alexandra continued to sit on the ground with a blank expression on her face. "Wow, we really need to work on our humor. Hopefully we can do it along the way because we don't have much time." She started walking away and Alexandra unconsciously followed. The girl continued walked at a fast pace until they came to a fork in the road. Standing on and around the fork were about 50 more Alexandra's looking at Alexandra.

"Whoa. Okay, I really need an explanation here."

"I'm you, like I've already said. Well, technically, I'm the past you, but still you. I don't have time to get into detail and explain, but the point is our future is in danger." Alexandra was still looking at the fifty other hers that were standing around the fork in the road.

"Why are there so many me's?"

"They're our futures."

"Wait, what? Aren't there only supposed to be three of you past, present, and future?"

"No, that's just a movie about a grumpy old man. There can't just be one ghost for future because there isn't just one future."

"Elaborate."

"It's a very long story but if you insist there are technically three 'ghosts' that tell you about your life. I've already told you that I'm past, so I usually reminisce on things that have already happened, you are present, and all of them are future. And we're not ghosts, nor did we time travel."

"So how does the future work?"

"It depends on what you do, like whether you sneeze or cough in the next three seconds can change the whole course of your future." At that moment all talking ceased and everyone waited. Three seconds passed and nothing happened. Two of me... ghosts... things... WHATEVER disappeared and were replaced with 5 more. "Anyways, long story short, you're putting us all in danger because of your obsessing, and if you don't bring it down, more than half of our futures say we will soon cease to exist."

"Did you just say I'm... we're going to die?"

"Yes I did, we can only worry so much before it starts to take a toll on us, and it has already started." The other Alexandra began fading. "Take what you just saw here to heart. One tiny slip up it'll be all over."

Alexandra was lying her bed, being forced to wake up by the nurse to take her medicine. Before the nurse left, Alexandra asked her to turn on the tv 'chillax.' It's not something extravagant, but it's a start I guess.