Jump

Someone save us, as the sky opens and we turn our heads towards the light. We scream in relentless agony and you answer in sweet redemption, denying every little thing. You reject our hopes, you mount our dreams. A minor detail, a slight flaw in your so-called perfection. So the efforts come crashing down, we hear the sound as you fall. As we keep trying, everything is fruitless, so we cover ourselves in gasoline and we destroy what you've created, but as we feel the boiling heat, as we listen to our skin scorching while it's ablaze, no one breathes, no one screams, loving every moment in its entirety. So we do not look up, like spoiled brats who are stepping up for once. We look at each other and for the first time we feel love and acceptance. For never had we listened to each other's voice, we never shared our noises. We've been deeming ourselves useless, without actually comparing to one another. I've done enough, I've had enough!

Still on fire, I run towards the other side of the ocean. So as my legs betray me, as my flesh starts decaying, my eyes turn to ash, my breath is stuck in my burning lungs. I'm racing in a race of life. As you try to reach the harrd sand before me, that's when I wake up and realise I was dreaming. I'm fine. I'm free. A foot in the ocean and another freezing due to the wind. 

"Come on in!"

Her eyes are surely on fire, sparked to life, a mischievous smile and a "to-die-for" physique. I stare deeply and remember a part of innocence that had been long gone. I search my skin, the scar on my leg still remains of that fire, but the blisters have faded away. Now a new inferno is commencing and I'll be sharing it with her perhaps, or not.. Who knows? I'm lonely, see. Will she prove as a savior? 

She 'd better not. I love my insanity more than i make known, more than anything in the world. But hey! Life's short. So I take a step back, I jump forward, I fall.

GiVi