Now it's a Party

Toddler!reader

"Papa."

"That's you."

"Papa."

"Steeeve," Natasha whined, rolling over on the couch and covering her head. "That's you."

"Paaapaaa!"

"What?!" Steve bolted up with a start, "I'm awake! I'm awake! What happened?"

"Papa. Juice."

Steve rubbed his eyes and looked down at you, jumping to attention when he saw you soaking wet, covered in the sticky orange juice that was in your cup only moments ago. "Juice."

"Oh, baby, yeah. That's your juice," he groaned. "Where's your other Papa, (Y/N)? Why isn't he watching you, huh?" He picked you up and held you out at arm's length, doing his best to keep himself clean. You reached out your hands and grabbed each side of his face, pulling him forward for a sticky kiss on his cheek.

"I know, I'm your favorite, aren't I, (Y/N)?" He stood up and brought you to your room, pulling off the sticky clothes so he could give you a bath. "But if I'm your favorite, why do I get all the messes?" Steve bent over and blew a raspberry on your tummy, laughing with you as you squealed and slapped at his face.

"Oh, thank god, there she is!" Bucky ran into the nursery and stopped at the door when he saw you and Steve, relived that he had found you. "How did she go from crawling to walking to running so fast? It was so much easier when she just laid around all day."

"Look, baby," Steve cooed, "look who's here just in time to give you a bath so Papa can go back to sleep!"

"I'm sorry," Bucky said as he took you from Steve and made his way to the tub. "I turned around to clean up after breakfast and when I turned back she was gone. Did you guys just get home?"

Steve yawned and raised his arms over his head, stretching his fatigued muscles. "Yeah, about a half an hour ago. Nat's on the couch, so maybe don't go in there if you know what's good for ya." He leaned against the doorframe and watched you splash in the water full of bubbles, your head now covered in them. "What time will everyone be here?"

"Party starts at 2!" Bucky said excitedly, working to get a reaction from you. "How old are you, baby? Tell me how old you are!"

You held up your pointer finger and poked him in the face, laughing at the bubbles you left behind on his skin. It was so entertaining to you that you dipped your hand in the water and came back with a handful of bubbles to pat all over his cheek.

"One, Papa."

~~~

With the decorations finished and the party just about to begin, Steve hurried you off to your room to dress you for the festivities, knowing that if he had done it any sooner you would be nothing but a mess before the party even started.

"Hey, hold up," Natasha called behind him. "I got this for her to wear, if that's okay. It matches my bows," she laughed, tipping her head to the side so he could see the randomly clipped pink decorations in her hair.

"Let me guess, you had a little help with your look today?"

"No, Rogers, I did this all on my own," she scoffed with a heavy sarcasm. "Anyway, here, let me get her ready, you go and welcome the guests." She grabbed you from his arms and swung you around in the air, laughing with you and running down the hall.

"Aunee, noooo!" you squealed, and Steve couldn't help but laugh too as he heard your voice fade into the distance.

~~~