Chapter 47 - Santa Claus Fail

Miles and I looked around the room to look for any clues. As we were looking, Miles would give me information on what has been going on. Apparently, a murder took place on the other side of the embassy. A man by the name of Manny Coachen was found on the floor as the area became covered in flames from an arson. Kay was then suspected of murder. Now, Miles is doing his best to prove that she's innocent.

Me, on the other hand, I have to prove Larry innocent from the incident he created due to his bad luck.

I continued to take notes on my notepad as Miles stopped giving me information all of a sudden.

I became curious as I asked him, "What's wrong?"

He crossed his arms, "This is truly unexpected."

"What do you mean?"

He sighed with a bit of guilt, "Every time we reunite, we have to do our role as lawyers."

I was silent as he made an apologetic smile, "I wish we didn't have to meet again in this situation."

Feeling touched by his words, I made a slight smile, shaking my head, "Don't worry about it. I didn't expect this either, but I'm really happy to see you."

He smiled back when suddenly someone who was supposed to be the Pink Princess entered the room.

"Miles, it seems like this "Pink Princess" may be a witness. We should talk to her," I spoke.

"You took the words right out of my mouth," Miles replied as we walked towards her.

Miles was the first to speak, "Excuse me, Pink Princess, we have a few questions for youuuuuuuuuuu!!!"

"Edgey-poo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"M-Ms. Wendy Oldbag?!?!", I placed a hand on my chest and jumped backwards, feeling like horrified.

"Why am I meeting you two days in a rowwwwww?!", Miles snapped.

I looked at Miles, stomping my foot, "Two days in a row?!?! What are you taking about?!"

Miles looked completely humiliated, "I-It's a long story...."

"Ohh!! Edgey-poo!!!! Meeting you like this must be fate!!!", Ms. Oldbag spoke, with hearts over her eyes.

"W-Why is Pink Princess you out of all people?! Did the studio run out of cast members?!", Miles snapped again.

Wow...I have never seen Miles totally on edge before. This is a first.

"Oh Edgey-poo don't talk like that!! My heart is fragile you know...."

I cleared my throat and stepped forward, "M-Ms. Oldbag, it's been a while."

She looked sternly at me, "You....you are Ms. Natalie June correct? From the Jack Hammer murder case and the Juan Corrida murder case."

I nodded, "Y-Yes. That is correct."

".......Hmph. And what exactly are you doing here?"

"E-Excuse me?"

"It was because of you and that blue suited man that you almost got me in jail! Criticizing me abou the way I talk and how I love to dress up in an astronaut costume. Edgey-poo would never criticize me. He would respect like any other nice human being would. And then we would dream about our future together. Unlike you who doesn't even care about the elderly, I mean I never signed up for being this beautiful all right?! There's no need for you to be jealous osnifonesiflnsfnslkfsf......"