Chapter Nine

Once i had made it out of the palace, i quickly made my way through town to the prison. I opened the door and smiled a little excited it being my first time inside the building, usually i would be out side chatting with Dakota, ooh i wonder if i could see him. As i start scanning the room i don't see him until i see the girl i was supposed to be searching for. She was on her tiptoes sliding a tub in and theres Dakota. So she's the person making me those brownies, i notice i had gained Dakota's attention and i hear him say, "why don't you give her them your self." He gives her back the tub and smiles slightly. She looks so beautiful, she seemed to walk towards me slowly the full world in slow motion.

I wasn't sure what was happening but i suddenly snapped out of it when i heard her silk voice. "Miss Acker .."
"Oh sorry, yes?"
"I baked you these, i didn't know if you were going across sea today or not."
"No, no i got today off. Thank you so much for these brownies i love them." I thank her and she raised a hand to her mouth as if to try hide it. "So umm, are you busy today? I mean if you would like to hang around with me or ..-"
"I would love too. I just need to finish a few errands for my father then we could hang out." She smiled, such a sweet smile and tucked a piece of hair behind her ear.

She seemed perfect, but no one's perfect we all have flaws, but i couldn't see hers yet.
It was at that moment i noticed it had gotten quiet and panicked noticing she'll get bored or think I'm strange. "I love your dress." I quickly compliment her, she smiles and thanks me. I treat her how a lady should be treat, i opened my arm in link and she held it moving closer too me. I smile a bundle of nerves, she pulls out a little piece of paper jam packed with a ton of things to do i sigh both in my head and out loud when she looks up at me to talk i smile slightly.
"I know but the quicker we start the quicker we finish." She chirped, her positivity was so over whelming.

I guess since i want to be friends with her i should know her name, "so, uhh..whats your name?" I asked, randomly and seen her face scrunch up then release does she not understand my question?
She cleared her throat softly and quietly, "i do not have one." She states, simply.
"Wait, wait you don't have one? But aren't they given to people at birth?" I state, checkin to see if she's lying and what going on.
She rubs her arm. "My mother had me during her first mentioning of divorce, my daddy gained full custody and i guess it never crossed his mind."

"What does your dad call you?"
"Uhh, m-mainly he calls me a whore."
"what else?"
"H-His lost little girl... Excuse me if its acceptable i-i don't feel like talking about him, if it is okay with you." She quickly snaps and i nod and we go into the bakery and she puts a long beget on the counter and shoves a chunk of bread in her basket and pays with all the shillings she has walking off. I follow after her, looking at her basket. Why did she steal ? She continues to a few more shops and does the same. I ask to see her list and she lets me see i read it. It's not a list.

It's instructions, like it says here ' go to the sweet shop fill your basket hang around a bit then run off i need my pudding for after supper. Then get my..' I sigh giving her her list back and slip some of my money in her pocket but through out each shop she'd reach in and hand them her money. After all the madness is over i walk out the last shop with her and have a bad feeling. "So i guess i'm going to get a visit from your boyfriend humm? Especially since we spent most of the day together."
"I don't have a boyfriend."
"What? You're kidding."
She giggled. "Nope, and your self ?"
"Nahh. However, i do have lord Tavii on my case." She simply nods in response.

It was silent for a long time and i notice she had stopped and we have been standing still for a while. "Uhhm are you okay?" I ask, the look on her face is mortified.
"Yes, fine. You cant come home with me." She stated, almost instantly. He quick response startled me slightly, "sorry its just my father wou- My daddy! Its daddy not dad !" She argues, with herself then looks at me panicked. I gave a slight smile; she seen straight through me and linked my arm again walking walking with me, "i read something." She said, out of no where looking proud of her self.
I smile to myself this being weird, "Did you? What did you read?" I ask, feeling a little proud of her.

The way her father treat her that time at the palace was all i needed to see that he isn't the caring father she deserves.
"Uhh .. As women we stand strong, as women we stand strong. As a woman i'm not so strong, as a woman i am nothing but a girl in a man's eyes. As a girl i'm nothing to a man and as nothing in a man's world i'm a woman. As a woman i can pleasure and obey men." She smiled and i look at her shocked. She smiles so happy like she's pleased with her self and looked at my reaction and her smile broke and she looked down.
"Where did you read that?" I ask, raising my voice a little. She let go of my arm, but i touched her chin softly to gain her attention. She nudged her head, interacting she would show me.

She took me to a house that was on a slant. I smile keeping it respectful, especially when she said "welcome to my home." She opened the door careful and pig snort erupted from another room. "Daddy, i did the shopping and the extra things you asked." She walked further into her home. She turned giving me a book mark with it on but the bottom parts were scribbled out in an ink and re- written in an unreadable hand writing. He wobbled through in great pain as shown on his face and walked in clutching a wooden stick, she walked towards him and held her hands out to try stop him from falling; although if the scenario were go happen that he fell she would probably be squished smashing all her bones. She smiles and helped him down and asked, "are you okay daddy?"
He grabbed a shoe from his chair and threw it at her head screaming, "you have no right to call me that you filthy whore !" I stood unsure what to do or even how to help. She gives him the basket, "and who's that. Some kind of dressy up sex slave."
"No sir, i am high up in the name of law and if you keep treating your daughter like this she will be permanently removed from your custody." I threaten, it felt good saying that.
"Try it, i'll bale out. I'm injured you see, and poor old me will be need a nurse. Now why should they take money from me when i can use her." She rubs her arm. I have no idea why i'm doing this or what i feel towards her, but something has to be done.