chapter 1

chapter 1

              Jessica Kane sat across the little boy who after an hour crying bloody murder was now chewing on a kid size mac. it was as if all his troubles were wash away. she sight looking out the glass wall of the restaurant at pasting moto vehicles. how did she get into this mess? all she did was agree to watch the kid for five minutes or less until his mother used the bathroom. the second she had look in to the brown eyes like her own she had been captive, then he had smile and that stole her heart. she sat on the chair outside the store playing with him but keeping track of the time. five minutes, then five minutes have turn to an hour. how could she have fallen for the oldest trick in the book about parents abounding their children? stupid, stupid. she had taken the kid and walked around the store looking for the woman, no sign of her. then she had told the store manger what had happen ask if he could show her the security cameras to see where  the woman left. but the woman had dodge the cameras so she wasn't on any of the cameras. shaking her head she turn and looked back at the boy, he was half way done with his hamburger. then she turn and look at the papers infont of her. one was a letter explaining why she did it.  it read;

              I'm sorry, i didn't mean to do this to you  but it's the only way i can ensure that he will have a hunger free life, not worrying about when his next meal will be or when his  father won't beat him every time he comes home drunk and angry. i know you will be able to take care of him, love him, give him the affections he needs. something my husband and i isn't able to do. from the moment i looked into your eyes i knew you were the one. your eyes spoke of warmth even thou i could see sadness in them. and i know your rich, your cloths and words spoke volume. your what Marcus needs and he's what you need. please i ask you, please don't come looking for me. sincerely KG.

                 the other papers were sign with the woman's signature, signing over legal rights to her. the woman wanted her to adopt her child, Marcus Simmons. she wasn't keeping it. come day break she was taking him to child services then be on her way. the life she lived was no life for a child, even if she wasn't living the live she was living she still wouldn't have a place for a child. 

              after the child-- Marcus finish, they sat staring at each other un moving. Jessica let her self be lost in the child warm innocent eyes, then once again he smile that devilish charming smile. Jessica found her self smiling back. "feel better?" she said in a soft voice. Marcus tiled his head his smile widening, "mommy?" whoa.

              "no, no, i'm not your mommy." she told him, she watch his smile vanishing, a sad looking replacing it. then he looked like he was going to cry. jumping from her seat she rush to him, taking him in her arms. rocking him.

            "no, no, no crying" she whisper in his ears. soon he was fast a sleep. taking a deep breath, she gather the papers and hand bag and head to her  car. but curse when she got to it. he was sleeping and she didn't have a baby seat in her car. never needed one. going back in the restaurant she told the manger her problem so the man decide to let one of the employee drive her back to the hotel. she gave the employee a hundred thanking him. then made her way to her room. placing the boy on the bed she dial social security and made an appointed for the next day.after a shower she was strain so she took the other side of the bed, holding the boy tight to her.

<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>

              "Be careful" Jessica Told Brandon has he tried to open the bottle soda, she was driving and she didn't want to hit a bump and as soon as he open it , it spout all over the back seat. she wanted to car to be sparkle clean when she exchange it for a mini van. why? she and Brandon were struck together now, well for just fifteen years and then he was on his own. she will no longer spend her money like she used to just because she have it. there was another mouth to feed besides hers. but Brandon didn't listen as soon as he open the bottle soda spout all over the car. "Brandon!" she screamed, stopping the car on the road side. she turn and froze. the look in his eyes kept her mouth shut, the horror in his eyes frighten her. "i'm sorry" she said, he was only a little child, he didn't know what he was doing. when he was fast a sleep she close the windows and turn on the air cooler. thinking about how she got to be the mother of a three year old boy.

                 six months ago when his mother had left him in her care, she had been taken him to social security the day after, showed them the letter and the legal papers. just when she had turn to leave the place a crying Marcus had run to her, holding on to her leg. he wouldn't let go, so she had stayed until he feel a sleep when he did, she had left like a theft in the night.  she had pray the family was caught and put in jail for the negligent of their child. after a week she gave up, every second of the day Marcus occupied her mind, she had decide to take care of him like his mother asked. she was walking to her car one even lying when she pick up a scent she would never forget. she had follow and came up on a stripper bar only to find Marcus mother dancing on a pole. furious she had march up on stage and slap the woman and curse her out. telling her what a bitch of a mother she was, how she didn't deserve anyone, the men had screamed for her to get of the stage or do something, then she had search the crowded bar and came up on brown eyes which remind her off Marcus, he had smell like Marcus too. his father, she thought so she march over to him, he had smile the same smile Marcus had. her stomach turn knowing that Marcus got his beautiful features from such a man.

                   with quarter of her strength she punch him in his face, knocking him out. so she turn back to Missy and told her what she wanted. she would take care of Marcus and she would make sure he never new how his birth parents treat him. she had rush back to social security to adopt him, they were skeptical at first. she wasn't married and she didn't have any friends to say she was a great person, but after countless begging they let her adopt him but not before promising her she would fill out a form every six months to see how he was doing, after he was legally her she change his name from Marcus Simpson to Brandon Daniel Kane. during those months waiting she had spend her days  at the Forster home he stay at, playing with him day time and at night searching for places to raise and active baby boy out the city. her search didn't take long. Mystic, a small town in Texas. it looked inviting and protected. more than she was looking for. a five bedroom, three baths, kitchen, big back yard, furnish just the way she like it. the town had everything, church, school, shops, university. if everything work out, she told her self. just maybe she wouldn't have to run or hide and live a very peaceful life with her son. the rare view mirror showed a peaceful Brandon mouth slightly open with drool coming from it. Jessica chuckle, the past six months had been the happiness . if she knew a child could have brought happiness in her life she would have adopt one along time agao. no, you couldn't. a voice said in her head. yeah, it was right, no matter how much she would have wanted to she couldn't or wouldn't but this time around, it felt right. 

          maybe another after his old enough, i could adopt another. she told herself. if everything worked out. maybe.

________________________________________________________________________________

  What do you think? i hope you enjoy. point out my errors, i really hope you enjoy reading it.  vote and comment.