The Underground

I was walking down the road when I noticed a hole leading down to a strange new land. Being one of the most curious people on the surface, I climbed down the hole, not remembering how they told us that the Underground is a dangerous place. However, halfway down I lost my footing and plummeted down the hole, landing in a pile of yellow flowers.

It was silent all around me, the only surroundings a patch of well-cared for flowers and some grass around it. Someone must still be here. Those flowers wouldn't survive in a cave this small, with little to no sunlight or water. Even though I couldn't even see daylight through the top of the hole anymore and there was no light sources in sight, it was still somehow bright.

The only way for me to go was down a small cavern. There was a small archway that seemed to have logos on it, but I don't know what they're supposed to represent. I wandered through the archway to see a small, yellow flower, likewise of the ones I had landed on... Except this one had a face. And it was moving. Should I run? Should I - And then it spoke.

"Howdy! I'm Flowey, Flowey the Flower!" Huh, what a creative name. I didn't respond, I didn't feel the need to. "Welcome to the Underground! We haven't had people here in a long time, ha!" What an odd creature. "You're a quiet one, aren't cha? Well, I should probably teach ya about what goes on down here!" Everything cut to black and white.

What was this creature doing to me? "Down here, we all have a LOVE meter!" What is this supposed to be, Care Bears? I stared deep in to the flower's eyes and it produced some sort of squashed ovals from what seemed to be nowhere. "These are friendliness pellets, and this is how you get your LOVE! Would you like some?" I stood there motionless and quiet for a few seconds. "Of course you do!" it exclaimed, without giving me any chance to think about whether I wanted to accept its offer or not.

It slowly threw its pellets at me. I ran in to one for curiosity and it flung me back against the wall. That liar! It laughed at me, and its odd smile was wiped off its face, and quickly replaced with anger and insanity. I was scared for my life, but I peeled myself off the wall and charged towards the flower. Before I could get any closer, it wound a circle of "friendliness pellets" around me. 

To Be Continued