The Jewel Thief

Catwoman slipped into the store with silent ease - tonight there was no objective, it was simply a game. Her inky figure crept between glass cases that held some of Gotham's most prized ornaments, their forms shining here and there between darkness. Eyes inspecting every shadow in the room, she slowly raised from her crouching position and began to take steps through the vacant space.

Selina wandered here and there, scanning for a product that caught her attention. Eventually her gaze landed upon a sizeable green necklace that gleamed in the light underneath a massive window. So she eased her way over to the case and extended a claw, carefully inserting it into the glass and cutting out a circular piece. Setting the glass down with a soft thud, she reached her hand inside the case, grabbing the heavy green gem. She held it between her fingers and watched the moonlight dance on and off the surface of the expensive stone with mild satisfaction.

Yet, a moment later, her body shot upwards upon hearing the sound of soft feet from the back of the room. With keen eyes, she noticed a black figure blending into shadow, as if emerging from the lack of light.

Now her mind was all strategy. She ducked behind a glass case and towards the back door for a clean exit, but Batman was too fast. He tackled her in seconds, pausing her momentum and blocking the door. The two were tangled up on the floor now, bathed in shadow.

There was no hope of pulling away, for he had an iron grip on Selina's arms. "Batman," she hissed, faking disgust. Hoping he wouldn't notice, she had her fingers closed around the piece of jewelry, claws rubbing on its polished surface.

However, his eyes darted to and from her hand. "Put the gem back, Selina."

"You're no fun," she sneered, dropping the necklace.

The second his grip loosened, Catwoman seized that chance, wriggling free and scratching his upper arm. Batman wasn't phased; he sidestepped into her path and blocked the exit yet again.

Catwoman dove in for another scratch, at this time his chest, yet he ducked and swung at her feet. She landed gracefully in a crouching position, but in mere seconds Batman had her pinned to the floor, hands glued to her wrists.

At this point, it was clear Selina was beat. "Is this the part where you send me to jail?"

Beneath the bat mask Bruce narrowed his eyes.

"Does this mean I can have the necklace? Or will you at least release me?"

"Stop robbing jewelry stores," he grunted in that low voice of his.

"Oh, come on, Batman, we both know jewelry doesn't mean anything," she replied smugly, a daring energy in her eyes.

A slight smile crept onto Batman's lips. "Does this?" he replied, kissing Selina with such force that she was left breathless.

Moments passed and when he pulled away, Selina sighed with satisfaction, an ease passing throughout her body. She snaked her arms around his neck, and held him even closer, breath on each others faces, bodies warm against one another. The second kiss was soft like butter, but passionate and full. As they released Catwoman shifted out from underneath Batman, blowing him one last kiss before walking out the door with the jewelry.

In a trance, he watched her go. At this point, part of him didn't even care about the necklace. After all, they were the only two people in the entire world, really. The only real people in Gotham were the ones who wore masks.