Chapter 17: Not So Happy Reunion

"No, if we go east we will reach Ba Sing Se faster!" "You're wrong Mira! Ba Sing Se is south-west!" I rubbed my temples as Mira and Mori continued fighting. Mushu groaned and used my satchel to cover his ears. "Are they gonna stop anytime soon or do I need to barbeque them to shut them up?" He asked me. "I think that will only make things worse.." I moaned as they somehow got even louder. I noticed land was approaching us. "Uh guys?" They ignored me, though, "Guys?" more arguing. "WOULD YOU TWO SHUT UP FOR FIVE SECONDS AND LOOK ALREADY!!" They both stopped and turned to see what I was seeing. "Ha! I told you!" "No, you said to go south and then west not just west." "Enough!" Mushu and I both yelled at them as we drifted ashore. I jumped off onto the sand along with Mushu. "So where do you think we are exactly?" "Probably somewhere in the earth kingdom." I nodded as we started walking to find a town. "So how long until you're big enough to carry us all?" Mira asked Mushu. He stopped and gave her a look, "Excuse me? Do I look like a horse to you? Or a flying Bison? Not happening rocky, I ain't carrying your butt around all across the continents." "Are you calling me fat firebreath?" "No. I'm just not a donkey." Mushu huffed and trotted up to where I was, "Why do you have to mess with her?" "Because since prince ponytail isn't here, I don't have anyone else." Mushu noticed how my mood changed when he mentioned Zuko. "Hey, you alright?" "Yeah, I'm okay. It's just weird not traveling around with Zuko. But, come on, I think there might be a town up ahead." I explained not wanting to talk about how much I missed Zuko. 

A few hours later, we had managed to find a small earth nation town. "Food!" "Water!" Mira and Mori exclaimed, but stopped. "Wait, uh how are we suppose to walk through town without someone recognizing us. More specifically you Kaida." Mira asked looking at me still dressed in my fire nation clothes. It suddenly dawned on me that Ozai or someone else might have put out a warrant for me. Also, I know not many people take kindly to a random fire nation person invading their town. "You're right.." I looked around trying to come up with an idea. I spotted some clothes hanging on a clothesline. "I'll be right back," I stated before sneaking over to the clothes, I quickly grabbed some that looked like they would fit me and hurried back over to Mira, Mori, and Mushu. "Hey Mira...uh a little help?" I asked gesturing to the clothes. "I'm starting to think Mira is rubbing off on you Kaida." Mori joked which caused Mira to hit him in the back of the head, then lead me away from Mori and Mushu. "Oi, giant lizard make a curtain with you wings," Mira instructed Mushu. He mumbled but hid me away from view so I could change. "I'm a mighty and powerful dragon you know. Not some butler you can boss around Rocky." "You're also supposed to help Kaida. Which you're doing so shut your trap you overgrown reptile." I finished changing, "Does this work?" I asked Mira and Mori, "Awww you look so cute!" Mori stated, "Your hair. I don't know anyone who has a red streak in their hair besides you. We should probably cut it just to make sure." Mira stated, which caused me to place a hand on it. "Oh.....uh....Okay...." I said sadly, honestly it was something I had come to love a lot, it reminded me of who I was and why I was doing what I was doing. "Sorry, but it's for not only yours but our safety as well." Mira stated as she gently grabbed all of the red in my hair and used Mori's knife to cut it off. I stayed still until she was done. "Okay. Let's go get food before I die of starvation." She said pulling Mori and I with her, Mushu went to follow. "Not you. If earth benders see a dragon roaming around with us we'll be handed over to the fire nation or worse. stay here and stay out of sight." Mushu narrowed his eyes at her, "I'll bring you back food okay?" "Fine, but if anything happens to her Rocky. I'll barbeque you and pretty boy." Mira rolled her eyes before nodding and walking off. I smiled apologetically at Mushu before turning back towards Mira and Mori, I smiled as we walked into town. "Food!" I laughed slightly at them before following them to a fruit stand. I giggled as Mori grinned at me with a slice of watermelon in his mouth, he took it out and started eating it. "You must be used to different food in the fire nation." "Well, the food there is spicier than anywhere else. I miss fire flakes. But, my uncle would always tell me about all the different types of food he got to eat during his time in the earth nation." I explained as we looked at the other food stands. "Ooo! They have moon peaches!" Mori's stomach growled slightly, I laughed as his cheeks turned red. He talked to the lady at the stand while I looked around at everything. 'The earth Kingdom is so different from home.' I thought to myself as I noticed there weren't any fire nation soldiers walking up and down the streets. I paused however when I saw two people down the street, one of them was singing while the other sat on the ground leaning against the building. I saw a man approach them, I made my way towards them when I saw the man had dual swords with him. " Come on! We're talking  a gold piece here!  Let's see some action!  Dance!" I heard the man yell at the older man as I got closer. He started striking at the old guys feet with his swords making him jump around. I picked up a small rock and chucked it at the jerk's head. "Hey! Leave him alone!" I shouted as he turned towards me. The guy smirked, "Oh yeah? What are you gonna do about it girly?" He approached me, I acted scared until he got close enough. I quickly disarmed him and pointed one of the swords at his neck while he laid on the ground. "That. If I ever see you doing something like that again to anyone, next time I won't let you off with a just warning. Now leave." The man nodded and quickly scrambled to his feet before running off to who knows where. I turned back around to the old man, "Are you alright-" I froze when I saw that it was my uncle. "Princess Kaida?" Mira and Mori came running towards me. "Don't just walk off like that Kaida! You could have gotten hurt!" "That was awesome! Did you see how scared that guy was?" Mira laughed while Mori checked to make sure I was alright, but I couldn't tear my gaze away from Iroh. "U-Uncle?" 'Wait if that's uncle then that means...' I slowly turned my head to meet my brother's gaze as he stood next to Uncle in shock. "Zuko?"