Chapter 3

The next thing I know is I'm waking up with a killer headache and the worst pain pumping in my veins near my arm. My eyes open slightly and I look up to a worried looking Derek looking down at his feet. his elbows were resting on his wide spread knees. Deaton was also looking down at the ground with a hand resting on Derek's shoulder.

"Guys?" I asked coughing when I heard how hoarse my voice was. I saw deatons face turn from worried to relieved. Derek didn't move. He just looked at me, his eyes wide open. I tried leaned up to sit, but Deaton stopped me.

"No, no you're not going anywhere for a while. You need to rest." Deaton said, placing his hands on my bare chest. I took in my surroundings and realized I was in Derek's bed and had no more a shirt on.

"What happened? How long was I out? Why am I no longer wearing a shirt? Oh my god, where's Isaac? I don't have time to relax, I need to find Isaac." I tried raising my voice, but it only made me weaker. I looked down to see a bloody bandage on my arm, where Derek had bit me. I removed the white bandage covered in blood, only to see nothing else but my skin. It had already healed. It took me a couple of seconds to realize what I now was. A werewolf. Wow.

"We had some trouble, we thought the bite didn't work... You began spilling out black blood all over yourself and onto your shirt, we took it off after your body calmed down, and cleaned you up, you were out for a long time, 12 hours." Deaton answered.

"Where's Isaac? can I bite him now?" I asked eagerly. I wanted to be there for Isaac to take care of him, I didn't have time to be taken care of.

"So the full moon is coming up in a couple of weeks, any details?" Derek asked Deaton.

"Not really. Just that stiles has to bite Isaac before the moon is on it's way down. It has to be at the exact same time as the moon is fully up. So that means you have about 60 seconds before it goes down again." Deaton answered.

"That doesn't sound too hard" I said sarcastically with a fake smile.

"You are right, the worst is over" Derek said and clapped my shoulder. It didn't hurt or anything, even with the strength he had it had to hurt, but now that I'm a wolf, I don't think Derek is going to hurt me more then he did before. I had to get used to the fact that I now can say, "I'm a werewolf." I got up, regretting it right away when a wave of whiplash blinded me for a second. I held onto Derek's arms, which was the closest to support there was. I covered my eyes with the other hand, feeling both of Derek's arms around me, supporting me. One of his hand was holding my bare back and the other my chest, his hands were either really warm, or I was really cold. after the whiplash passing, I straightened up and thanked Derek.

We walked into Isaac's room and saw him sleeping. He looked so peaceful in his sleep, his hair covering half his closed eyelids.

"Can he even walk?" I asked no one in particular feeling protective all of a sudden.

"Well Yeah, sort of but he's still weak." Deaton answered. Derek gave me a pitiful look, he probably know how bad I'm feeling.  

"Who's gonna tell him?" Derek asked.

"Do we have to tell him? he'll just blame himself, he doesnt need that kind of information right now, he has other things to worry about." I said looking down in shame.

"Stiles, he deserves to know, you know he'll be mad if he finds out himself." Derek said. 

"Alright, I'll tell him. J-just give us a minute?" I asked. they nodded and walked out of the room, closing the door behind them. I sat down next to Isaac taking in his appearance. He looked so skinny, like he hadn't eaten for god knows how long, he was so white as paper and his lips were blue. I traced the pad of my thumb across his pale blue lips and up across his cheek to his eyebrows. I leaned down wanting to kiss him and exhaled deeply when I knew it would be wrong to take advantage of him while he's sleeping. I backed away from him. I can't tell him. He had enough on his plate, I can't bring him these news of me being a werewolf, it can always wait. He'll just get upset and it wont be healthy for his state.

Suddenly he opened his beautiful light brown eyes. He looked confused. I cupped his cheek gently and smiled reassuringly.

"What's up stiles" he said looking vulnerable but forced a smile anyway.

"Nothing, I just... I missed you" I whispered.

"I missed you too" he said, and when he did I found this conversation very odd. I had to say something when he woke up. But when he replied I noticed how weird it was for us to say that we missed each other.

"I can't wait for you to get better" I said blinking the tears away. My voice cracked mid sentence making me sound like I was crying.

"I dont think that will happen anytime soon" he said looking anywhere else but at my eyes.

"Don't say that. Don't worry I promise you that I'll do anything I can to keep you safe, and that you'll feel better soon" I said trying to comfort him.

"Don't keep promises that you can't keep."

"I'm not" I said and smiled to him. He closed his eyes giving me a sign that this conversation was over and that he needed sleep. I missed him already. "I promise" I whispered and left the room.