Transformed, Depressed and Stuck

By @theweirdKLS

Chapters read:prologue, the Excerpt, and 1-3 in 2 hours

When you sent me the request, I suddenly thought that it was a perfect mix of Sci-Fi and Teen Fiction and was very hesitant to read it. I started on it and it had a very neat layout. There was a prologue, a short explanation of the scientific system/magic system and the chapters had numbers (but no names, but it's fine).

The writing style suddenly hooked me in. There weren't too many descriptions, but it didn't lack also. It's a nice even mixture of action words and descriptions which is, in my opinion, a good style of writing. The main plot seems interesting, but as the world gets revealed, I suddenly changed my opinion. I was expecting a world where all humans would have to build up safe-havens because of war and that type of world. Instead, it gave me a world which is the same as ours. It's okay, but world-building is a crucial point in a Sci-Fi story. At that moment, I instantly knew that there may be some romance and 'Teen Fiction' elements stirred into the batter.

To be honest, it wasn't quite my type, but most readers may enjoy it.

Critique by @littleowldragon
Overall: 5/10 (I wasn't expecting that....)
Discovered shard worthy: under consideration
Will I keep reading: I'll skim it to see if I have judged it wrong, but if it drops the MC into school life, I may have to stop.