•Hailey's POV•

When hell breaks lose, who is the first person you go to? My parents. I know, I know. It's lame of me to be so close to my parents, it's just I am. Even though we fight like all the time, they have always been there for me.

So as broken me cries my eyes out of the streets of LA, I called them.
"Hello?" My mom says answering the phone.
"Mom," I sniffle into the phone, "I-I-I..."
"Sweetheart, what's wrong?"
"James kissed another girl and then I-I broke up with him cause he cheated..." I started to explain before bursting into tears again.
"Honey, everything's gonna be alright."
"I wanna come home, mom" I finally say sobering up my tears.
"Alrighty, we will pick up up from the airport."
"Ok..." I said, "thanks mom."
"Love ya, bye."

As I hung up the phone I think of the conversation we just had. James. He's name made my heart break and I felt sick.

It felt like his name was coming up my throat. J-a-m-e-S. But it wasn't his name. I ran over to the trash can and vomited. Gross.

I wiped my mouth and kept walked until I reached the airport. Finally reaching the airport, I bought a ticket, cleaned myself up in the bathroom, and went to sit on a bench near the gate.

Sitting their my head kept replay the whole incident, over and over again. I tried stopping it but it just wouldn't. As my plane finally boarded, I left everything that happened behind. The party. The Janoskians. And even James.

...................
"Mom! Dad!" I yelled running towards my parents. I was embraced into a loving hug. All my pain slowly melts away. "Sugar-booger." My dad said, making me laugh. "You know I hate it when you call me that." I giggled. "Well to bad." He stated grabbing my carry on bag.

I can see the look on my parents faces. They're concerned but I give them a reassuring smile. As we walk to the car, I realize how much I miss it here. I know it's only been a day but still. It's home.

I look at my mom as she gets in the car. I know she wants me to tell her more about what happen in LA, but I just can't yet.

"Oh, Ellie wanted to come," mom says, " but Jake was going home from the hospital today and she wanted to help." "It's no problem. Thanks for picking me up. By the way." I said buckle in my seat belt. This is gonna be a long painful car ride.

..........
At first, the car ride wasn't to bad. We talk about small things or random topics. But after an hour of this, i could tell that they were both anxious to know.

"So...... LA" I said, looking down at my folded hands on my lap. I looked up see my mom eyes swarm with curiosity. And that's when I spilled everything. Every little detail of what happened. Beau picking me up. The party.  James and that girl. Me running away. Our fight. Me leaving. I felt tears threatening to fall. I finished the end quickly say, "...and that's why I need to just forget about James and move on."

There was a couple of minutes of silence until my mom said, "Sweetie, i know what your going through. And heartbreak hurts especially when you love that person. But maybe you, just maybe, you weren't supposed to forget or move on. I think you should talk to him. You really didn't listen to him when he tried to tell you what happened. It may be all a misunderstanding. I love you and I just want the best for you. And every since James came into your life, you have been the happiest I have ever since. So just think about maybe talking to him."

Deep down I knew she was right. But I just couldn't admit it. Admitting it would make the fact that we broke up even worst.

I looked up at my parents when I saw a deer running in front of our car. I closed my eyes and screamed. Dad quickly swerved out of the way, but instead of hitting the dear, hitting a tree. The air bag went off.

As I slowly opened my eyes, I looked around. My dad had a huge gash on his head that was bleeding profusely and he was knocked out cold. My mom was lying on the ground outside with a shard of metal in her abdomen. I felt for my father's pulse not feeling anything. My body felt numb as my finger touch the metal seat belt, unbuckling me from the seat. I pushed the door open with my hands not caring about the glass that cut them. I crawled over to my mom.

"Mom." I whispered. She whimpered softly. "Mom please wake up. Please" I said. Slowly she opened her eyes. I looked into her eyes seeing no hope. "Remember what I said. I love you, Hailey." She said, pushing a strand of loose hair away from my face. "Mom, please don't leave me. Please." I sobbed.

The sound with the red and blue flashing lights came towards us. Getting louder and brighter the closer it came. Suddenly I felt to hands wrap around my shoulders, pulling me away from mom. I looked at her body as the paramedics started to treat her wounds. They kept asking me things but it all sounded like white noise.

Finally I was pushed into the ambulance with my mom. The paramedics tried and tried. And before we got to the hospital I heard the words I never wanted to hear.

"I'm sorry but she's gone."