Unexpected Derek/Stiles.

Unexpected

Everything seemed to settle down, Peter’s lust for revenge failed and the result he lost his life.  Derek took his place as alpha; he was much better alpha because he wasn’t power-crazed like his uncle. Scott was disappointed that the curse of the werewolf had not disappeared when Peter was slain, however his romance with Allison continue to grow. Derek bit Jackson making him into a werewolf, he was a handful at the start but he mellowed out after several months. Derek had to establish dominance over Jackson several time for him to realize that the alpha is top dog. As for me, I am basically the underdog of the group, which I am at the end of my rope on.

    I struggled with several bags of groceries and trying to open the door to the boys’ shared apartment.

    “Open up you asses,” I snapped kicking the door.

    The door opened revealing a grouchy Derek, his hair messed up his eyes had a sleepiness gloss still.

    “About damn time,” I muttered shoving my way past him. “I’ve been standing there for five minutes trying to open the door, my arms are killing me.”

    “You could have opened the door first before grabbing the bags,” Derek snapped.

    “You’re lucky I am even buying you groceries, you owe me,” I pulled out a receipt and read, “$238.48 so pay up.”

    “238 dollars,” Derek said surprised.

    “Why so surprised, especially when you have three werewolves gulping down their weight in food including you.”

    “Jackson and Scott pay nearly 500 dollars on food,” Derek muttered.

    “They buy the first thing they see and it is usually the very expensive brand,” I said.

    “Huh, maybe you should be our shopper every time then.” Derek said.

    “Oh no no no no no no no no N.O,” I said.  “I am already 100 bucks short and the electric bill that is due in 5 days.  So pay up.” I held out my hand for the cash I know he has.

    “If you would move in with us, we would take care of the bills, so you don’t have to struggle so much,” Derek said as he fished out money out of the wallet he had.

    “I said I’ll think about it, but Scott, Jackson, and you are not helping, you have me doing all your laundry, dishes, vacuuming, and at one point wash your black Mercedes.”

    “Okay, okay,” Derek said, “I guess I can make the boys do their fair share of the chores.”

    “Thank you,” I said calming down a lot.

    From that point Derek was going in and out helping me put away groceries.  I slumped in the kitchen chair,  a moment later I saw a coffee cup in front of me.

    “Thanks.”

    “So are you coming back tonight, you can see the boys try to best me?” Derek asked.

    “Actually I can’t Danny is taking me out tonight, dinner and a movie.”

    I saw Derek tense slightly, “Oh, okay, have fun.”

    “But not too much fun right?” I chuckle.

    Derek didn’t answer but looked angry or annoyed. My watch beeped and I looked at the time.

“Time for me to go to work,” I downed the rest of the coffee.  “See you tomorrow,” I said and left.

***

I only had told Derek half lies, I was going to dinner and movie, but I was going by myself.  Danny and I had broken up a month ago, it was quick, we wasn’t feeling fire for each other, we did maybe for the first week, but it went out very quickly so we agreed to call the relationship off.  I didn’t tell the boys because they would go all “aww” me.  Jackson had Lydia, Scott had Allison, and Derek had a mystery woman, so I would go to movies and dinners by myself to keep up the rouse that I was still dating.  I manage to delete Danny’s number from all their phones without them knowing about it.
    It was night time and I just pulled into the movie theater parking lot.  I got out and walked toward the front and bought a ticket to a romance movie.  I bought me a big bucket of popcorn and a large drink and sat in the fifth row down from the top and settled in for the movie. It was twenty minutes into the movie when I get like I was being watched. I looked around in the dark gloomy theater people were either making out or watching the movie.  I shrugged and returned to the movie, I reached into the popcorn bowl and ate and drank my soda.

               I managed to ignore the ‘being stared at’ feeling and finished the movie as usual I cried at the end and the movie screen went to end credits.  I sighed and left the room and threw away the empty drink and kept the half-filled popcorn bowl.  I got into my jeep and drove to a restaurant I wanted to go to.  I grabbed a book and walked into the formal building.

               “Table for one please,” I told the hostess.

               The blonde hostess guided me to the table and I sat down, after ordering my drink, I opened the book and read, it was a book I read 5,000 times it is still good.  Pride and Prejudice is a good book, I wish I was Elizabeth, headstrong and yet she falls in love with the person she least expected, Mr. Darcy.

               “Sir, would you like to order something?”

               “Yes, I would like steak, rare, with steak fries and a salad but hold the tomatoes.” I ordered.

               “Excellent,” she said and left with a the order.

               I was ten minutes into my book when I heard a familiar deep voice say, “You were supposed to be on a date and yet you are reading a book and about to eat on a table for one.”

               I groaned internally and looked up to see Derek looking at me his eyebrow cocked.

               “What are you doing here, this isn’t your hang out spot?” I asked closing the book only with my forefinger making the spot.

               “I ask you first?”

               “I am here to have a night quiet dinner by myself.”

               Derek grabbed an empty chair and sat opposite of me glaring at me.  “So you went to the movies alone, then you are eating alone. What is going on?”

               “How did you know I was at the movies alone, are you stalking me?” I asked/snapped.

               “Just answer the damn question?”

               I exhaled and leaned back crossing my arms, “Danny and I broke it off last month,” I said.

               “Why didn’t you tell us, we would have helped you through it.”

               “That is exactly what I was hoping to avoid, the awing and the pity and the set ups, I had my moment of tears and stopped and moved on.”

               “Stiles, that is not healthy to lie to us for a whole month,” Derek said softly.

               “Yeah what’s done is done.”  I said returning to my book.

               “Here we are,” a waitress said placing my plate in front of me.

               “I’ll have what he is having,” Derek said making himself comfortable.

               “Okay would you like something to drink?”

               “Coke.”

               “So you are going to bug me this evening?” I asked.

               “No I am going to keep you company?”

               I exhaled and begin eating my dinner.

               This is going to be a long night.