Chapter 1

DISCLAIMER: I do not own the world or any of the characters from Keeper of the Lost Cities because Shannon Messenger does.

Sophie yawned, it was the first day of her fifth year. The last year before the Elite Levels. She cuddled with Iggy, Edaline opened the door. Sophie jumped "Sophie, come down and get some breakfast or you're going to be late!" groaning, Sophie rolled out of bed and changed into her Saber Tooth Tiger costume, despite fighting the Neverseen (and winning) Sophie was still uncomfortable dancing in front of everybody. 

Grumbling, she walked down the stairs and into the kitchen. She yelped, a yeti was in her kitchen! "Surprised to see me Foster?" The yeti grinned "Oh, Keefe. What are you doing here?" Keefe's usual smirk slid off his face "I just wanted to say goodbye before I leave for the Elite levels. Plus, your mom makes the best mallowmelt,"Sophie had forgotten that Keefe was going to the Elite Towers this year, "Where's Fitz?" she asked "Oh, he was preparing to meet a special someone," Keefe winked and Sophie blushed. "So Foster, I was wondering if you -" Grady suddenly burst into the room "Sophie! It's time to go! Bye Keefe. Thanks for stopping by!"  He ushered Sophie out of the room "What was that about?" she asked Grady, kind of mad, she really wanted to know what Keefe would've said. "NOTHING! Just want to get you to school on time!"Sophie stared at Grady, when had he become such a helicopter parent?

Sophie stepped - or was rather shoved - onto the Leapmaster, "Foster wait!" it was Keefe "Keefe, Sophie has to get to school on time, could you please let her go?" Grady glared at Keefe. Keefe smirked, "I also have to get to school on time, later Grady," He stepped onto the Leapmaster and shouted FOXFIRE and then they glittered away. 

"Sophie!" a sparkly tiger attacked Sophie in a bear hug "I'm sooooo exited to see you!" Sophie gently pushed Biana off, "How come?" she asked grinning, even in a Tiger costume Biana still looked good. "Fitz was totally going to ask Lihn out, but then he chickened out!" Keefe smirked, "I think I'm going to collect my Custarbursts from Alvar now," and he walked off. Sophie forced a smile, "Oh. Fun." Biana looked at her "Oh, sorry Sophie. I forgot." "It's ok," Sophie replied. Just then Linh walked up, "Hey guys! I'm sooo excited!" Sophie smiled at Linh, it was her first year at Foxfire. Tam decided not to go, and instead stay with the Black Swan and was currently training to be a spy. "And it's already off to an eventful start!" Biana smiled slyly and Linh blushed "I can't believe he asked me out!" "Yeah, we all thought that it was going to be Sophie," Dex  said, suddenly appeared at Sophie's side. Sophie glared at him, "I'm sure that wasn't the case," As much as she liked Fitz, she didn't want Linh to think that it wasn't a legit ask-out. "I'm sure his feelings have changed," looking pointedly at Dex. 

Sophie heard her dance teacher do roll call, and she rushed towards the group. "Sophie Foster" "Here," Sophie muttered panting. "Ok, that's everyone in this group. Follow me," Sophie followed her teacher past other groups of Level Fives and entered the training room, "You can practice here," her teacher said, and left the room. Sophie looked around, the only other person that she could recognize was Stina. She looked away "Alright everyone!" her teacher returned "I have good news, I just talked to Magnate Leto, and he said we could go first!" Sophie groaned, way to start off the school year on the wrong foot.   

Sophie walked onto the stage, and immediately started hearing the whispers, even though the Council made an announcement that she wasn't a 'threat' anymore, people still didn't trust her.

"Freak,"

"The Girl Who Was Taken,"

"Monster,"

The music started and Sophie was so taken back at the last one, that she stumbled and fell behind the curtain. Right into a surprised Yeti's arms. "Ooof," "Oh my mallowmelts! I'm so sorry!" the Yeti grinned, "Can't seem to get enough of me, huh Foster?" Sophie blushed furiously "Ummm, I just was dancing and then I fell," Keefe grinned "Sure, believe whatever you want Foster," Sophie glared and was about to make a dramatic reappearance, when the music ended. And Keefe and the other Yeti's went on stage.