Chapter 6

A/N: Spoilers for Neverseen! But I marked them with bold and have SPOILER and SPOILER OVER so you don't have to worry.

Sophie sat on the couch, today had turned out to be awful. First, Fitz, Dex, and Keefe had all gotten her as their number one. Then, the Mallowmelt had exploded. Sophie flopped onto her bed in misery. Iggy cuddled next to her and after a while, Sophie fell asleep. 

Sophie woke up groaning, she had to go to Foxfire today.  She considered staying in bed all day, but the smell of Custardbursts coming from the kitchen lured her out of bed. She quickly pulled on her Foxfire uniform and headed down the stairs. Tripping over her feet, Sophie fell onto Grady. Gently, he pushed her back up, are you ok Sophie?" he asked "I'm fine," Sophie said, fighting back a yawn. She grabbed a Custard burst and sat down at the table. 

"Sophie! You have to leave for Foxfire in ten minutes!" Edaline said as she quickly snatched the rest of the Custardbursts from the table. Sighing, Sophie walked up the stairs and walked onto the Leapmaster. FOXFIRE! she shouted and then she glittered away.

 Sophie arrived at Foxfire. There was no one around, I'm late! Sophie thought as she ran through the empty halls to her first class, linguistics with Lady Cadence. She ran up to the Silver Tower and waited impatiently for the new Beacon to open it for her, she still was too short to lick the DNA strip. Not that she minded. The door opened and Keefe stood there smirking "Looks like you're late, Foster," "Keefe! What are you doing? Nevermind, I'm late!" Sophie quickly grabbed her modified cloak and ran up the stairs to Lady Cadence's classroom. "Sorry I'm late," Sophie said once she arrived, gasping. "Tardiness will not be tolerated," Lady Cadence said, standing up and walking to Sophie "Detention until the end of the month." "But," Sophie desperately tried to think of an excuse to get out of detention-there was NO WAY that she was going to beat Keefe's record if she could help it "No buts," Lady Cadence said firmly, "In fact, if you hurry, you might make it on time to detention," she glared and Sophie meekly backed out of the classroom and started back down the stairs.

"Class over already?" Keefe asked when she got down the stairs "No," Sophie sighed "I got detention. Anyway, aren't you supposed to be in class right now?" Keefe smirked "Nope. All the sixth years have to be Beacon to 'learn to be responsible'," Keefe rolled his eyes "Like I'm not responsible enough already." Sophie smiled, "Anyway Foster, I was wondering if-" suddenly a bell rang and prodigies rushed into the room "I'm gonna be late again!" Sophie ran out of the door and to elementism. 

After Sophie finished catching a rogue tornado, she started making her way to lunch before she remembered that she had detention. Sighing, she turned away from the cafeteria and started walking to the classroom where detention was. She opened the door and sat down in one of the chairs. Ironically, she was the first one there. 

A couple of minutes later, Keefe burst through the door. "Home, sweet home," He sighed looking around fondly. "Keefe! What did you do?" Sophie asked surprised-what could he possibly have done to get detention in the last hour? "Well, I couldn't let you break my record Foster," he said sitting next to Sophie. Sophie rolled her eyes and Sir Caton walked through the door. "Well well well," he said looking at the two of them "Detention already?" he raised an eyebrow as Keefe looked at him with an innocent expression "I don't even want to know," he muttered. "Today we are going to organize the splotching balls by color," Sophie looked up, It coulda been worse she thought.

After detention was over and Sophie took a shower (she had accidentally dropped a splotching ball on her foot when Keefe scared her) she walked to her locker to pick up her books for study hall. She ran into a familiar strawberry blond elf. "Hi Dex," Sophie said somewhat awkwardly, she wasn't sure if things had gotten back to normal after he had gotten her as his number one. "Sophie! I have something to tell you!" Dex said "What it is?" Sophie asked, glancing around for an escape exit. Suddenly Biana walked by and Dex put an arm around her "Me and Biana are dating!" "Huh?" Sophie asked, bewildered.

"I know, right? I was kinda shocked too," Biana said "Because I always had a crush on Keefe," she added hastily when Dex turned to stare at her. Sophie smiled, " I think you guys will make a great couple!" Sophie exlaimed "You talking about us?" Keefe sidled up next to her "No. I was talking about Dex and Biana! They're going to be so cute together!" disappointment flashed across Keefe's face, but then it was gone. 

******

"Hey Foster! Wait up!" Sophie was standing on the Leapmaster, she was about to head home to study, Lady Cadence had felt a need to give her extra homework.  "What's up, Keefe?" "I was wondering if I could go to your house today," Keefe said, "Um, well I have to do my linguistics homework," "And I want you to come because you're so hot and smart," Keefe mimicked her voice and Sophie sighed "Fine, you can come help me," but secretly, she was glad that the matchmaking scrolls hadn't changed anything.

After Sophie finished her homework, she went down to grab some Mallowmelt. "Sophie! Is that Sencen boy still over?" Grady asked "Um, yeah. Why?" Grady sighed, "I just don't like him," 

SPOILER!

"Dad!You know that he didn't really join the Neverseen and was working as a double agent, right?" Grady frowned "Yes, but-" 

SPOILER OVER!

"Gotta go Dad!" Sophie grabbed some Mallowmelt and ran back to her room. "Here," She handed Keefe a slice and sat down on her bed. "So, Foster." Keefe nervously ruffled his hair "Is your Dad around?" "Um, yeah. Why?" "Um, err, I kinda need to talk to him," "Ok," Sophie glanced at Keefe he looked kind of nervous. Not that Sophie blamed him, Grady had disliked him from the beginning and Keefe's reckless actions hadn't helped. 

Sophie found Grady in the living room and made sure there weren't any sharp objects around before she motioned for Keefe to come out of his hiding spot. "Um, hi Mr. Ruewen," Keefe awkwardly waved his hand "Hello," Grady coldly glared at Keefe "I'll be in my room," Sophie scurried up the stairs, nearly tripping over her feet before she got to her room. 

Sophie heard a few yells and crashes, then there was silence. Panicking, Sophie ran down the stairs fearing the worst. She found Grady and Keefe shaking hands, a vase was knocked over, but there were no dead bodies. "I'm gonna get some Mallowmelt," Grady muttered and left the room, Keefe was smiling. "What was that about?" Sophie asked "Nothing," Keefe was grinning "I gotta go, Foster. See you later," Keefe winked before he leaped away.

A/N: Ok, that was 1000+ words of nothing. Sorry for the late update! I promise a large Sokeefe moment (or two) in the next chapter. Also, I found this really cool TV show called Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Chat Noir and Chat Noir looks JUST LIKE KEEFE! Just a fyi. ;)