{12}

{12}

To most, Noya is a ball of an energy, a ball of happiness... To most, Noya is like the sun. And perhaps he is...

But like the sun, he can become hidden by clouds.

But like the sun, changes in him are hard to see.

For most... Not for Asahi.

"Noya, are you feeling alright?" Asahi quietly asks, all the while rubbing circles on his boyfriend's back. Not wanting to push him, he doesn't add the reasons as to why he is asking.

He doesn't say, 'your smiles haven't been as big' or 'your eyes don't shine as much as they use to.' After all, he wants Noya to feel comfortable... He wants Noya to feel that he is able to tell him as much or as little as he wants. He also wants Noya to be himself... He wants Noya to be the human that he is... He wants Noya to let himself frown once in a while, to be tired, to be grumpy or sad or whatever. He wants Noya to express his emotions, and shares his worries and fears. He wants Noya to go through it all, so by the end, he can feel calm. So, by the end, he can feel happy.

It is only for a brief moment... Only for a matter of seconds... But Asahi sees Noya hesitate by quickly opening and closing his mouth. By opening and closing his mouth, and failing to let any words escape. With a heavy sigh, a sigh that seems to shake his whole, small frame, he says "I'm okay."

Sensing that there is a story behind his "I'm okay", a story that he doesn't want to share, Asahi doesn't press for more information. In fact, for a few silence filled minutes, Asahi pulls Noya closer... Closer so he has no choice but to sit on his lap. So he has no choice but to let him trap him in a tight embrace...

He traps Noya in a tight embrace, and rests his chin upon the top of his head. With Noya's spiky hair tickling his chin, it is and isn't a comfortable position. "How about now?" Asahi asks, his deep voice nearly lulling Noya to sleep.

"A little better," Noya responds, in a quiet voice.

Asahi merely hums... Hums as he contemplates what he should do next. Should he just continue to hug Noya? Or should he do something else? Should he kiss Noya?

He should.

He probably should.

With a slight blush on his cheeks, Asahi releases Noya from his tight hug in order to kiss him... In order to kiss him on the forehead. In order to kiss him on either cheek, in order to kiss the tip of his nose... In order to kiss his chin... In order to give him a quick kiss on the lips. "H-How about n-now?" Asahi stammers.

Much to his relief, his actions earn him a smile...

Much to his relief, his actions earn him a laugh.

"I'm GREAT."