Speedy (Part 3)

"So, where are we going tonight?"

"It's a surprise."

You sighed. This boy seemed to be full of surprises. "Just give me a tiny little clue!" You cried out. "How will I know what to wear?"

You heard him let out a chuckle on the other side of the line. "It doesn't matter. You'll look beautiful no matter what", he told you which caused you to roll your eyes.

"Please, Pietro. I just need to know if I have to go buy some fancy dress or something."

"No, it's nothing formal", you finally got an answer and you sighed in relief.

"That's all I needed to hear."

"I'll see you tonight."

"See ya", you replied and hung up the phone.

You hurriedly got up from the couch which startled Speedy and you ran up to your room to look for clothes to wear for your date.

You opened your dresser and looked at your clothes, cursing under your breath. You could have laid down some choices in advance but of course you didn't and just left it to the last minute.

Speedy came up to your bedroom door and saw you throwing clothes to the floor. You heard him walk up to you and you looked down at him, tangled up in one of your sweaters. You let out a small giggle as you saw him struggling to get out. He started barking and you sat down on the floor, pulling the sweater off of him.

"Shh, it's okay", you chuckled and he stopped barking. You pulled him to your lap and hugged him. It felt like he was getting bigger and bigger every day. Soon you wouldn't be able to pick him up and you almost got teary-eyed at the thought. You hugged him ever so tightly and whispered, "Please don't grow up."

You then heard your phone ringing and you pushed Speedy carefully off of your lap and stood up. You looked around you only to realize that your phone was hidden somewhere under those piles of clothes.

You started rummaging through your clothes and sighing in frustration as you still heard it ringing but you couldn't see it anywhere. You felt Speedy pulling on your sweatpants and he dig his nose into another pile of clothes. You then kneeled down next to him and started searching for your phone, which you found. "What would I do without you?" You muttered to yourself as you petted Speedy. "Good boy!" You praised him.

You looked at your phone and saw that your best friend was calling. Your eyebrows furrowed as you answered the call. "Hey."

"Hi Y/N", you hear your friend greet you. The tone of her voice sounded like the one she always used when she had bad news.

"Oh no... What now?" You asked and sat down on the floor, leaning your back against your bed.
She took a deep breathe before answering. "I can't watch Speedy tonight", she says and you let out a groan.

"What am I going to do now? I don't know how long I'll be gone! I work from home he's never been home alone more than an hour!"

"How long were you planning on being away?" Your friend asked in a weird tone.

You shrugged. "I don't know."

"Planning on staying the night, huh? You naughty little minx", she chuckled and you felt your cheeks heating up.

"No! I didn't mean it like that", you exclaimed but your friend didn't buy it. "So you can't watch him, huh?" You asked, quickly changing the subject.

"No sorry, my sister has just gone into labour I promised to be there for her. My whole family is going."

"Congratulate her for me, will you?"