chapter 1

Sorry 'bout the last chapter XD It was a prank.

Richard raced through the streets of Gotham with his Shadow uniform still on. He had been all around the city asking if anyone had heard from the Graysons but they all just gave him weird looks and walked away. But now he had finally come to the conclusion that he dreaded the most...

He walked forward and looked up at the large black gates in front of him with two curved words on top. "Gotham Cemetery"

He took a deep breath before entering the gates and walking around the cemetery, eventually coming to a stop on a hill with beautiful dandelions growing on it with bright green grass swaying in Gotham wind as the moon shone brightly on five graves...

He fell onto his knees and stared blankly at the graves in front of him... "He lied to me" Richard whispered, his voicing cracking as he said 'lied'. He felt a single tear slip down his face as he pulled the mask away from his face. His mouth was pulled back in a grimace as he trembled violently.

"Sometimes, when someone has worked as hard as these men and women have, they get tired of trying, and when they get tired of trying they just leave, no fight, no argument, and sometimes... not eve a goodbye..."

"My little Robin..."

"Richard..."

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Richard..."

Richard looked around at the familiar comforting voice. "Richard!"

He looked up and saw his family staring at him with sadness in their eyes.

"Richard please... Stop this..." His mother pleaded quietly. Richard looked at his mother in shock and confusion. "Mama...?"

His mother's eyes watered as the silhouette of his father hugged his mother close. "Please Richard... let us go... You need to be strong..." Richard felt streams of tears rain down his face as his hair was matted to his face by the pouring rain dropping from the clouds.

"Son..." Richard looked at his father with blurry tear filled eyes. "Yes Tati...?" He whispered. "Please... moving on doesn't mean forgetting... just let us go... please..." A single tear fell from his father's eye as they all disappeared from Richard's view.

"NOOOO!!!!" He screamed as they disappeared, leaving him alone once more...

"Please... don't leave me alone..." He sobbed as he hugged his knees close to his chest. "It's not fair..."

He could of sworn he heard a soft feminine voice whisper "You are never alone... We will always be here for you my little Robin..." As he cried himself to sleep in the pouring rain... beside his family... the way he should've gone out all those years ago...