Ella and Ellie

Ellie. Sweet, innocent, naive, gullible, perfect. All words to describe Ellie. She was understanding, kind, but, most of all, she adored her big sister. She wanted, and tried, to be a nicer version of her. She put on fake tattoos and dressed liked her so she never felt alone.

  Ella. Mean, hateful, devil spawn, manipulative, sinner. That's just some things Ella was called. She hated all the people that slapped a label on her. So, she did the same.

    The only difference was instead of slapping labels, she was slapping faces with her fingers curled in, knuckles crooked, thumb laying across the first three fingers. No one would ever understand why she hated labels.

    No one, but little Ellie. Who, actually, wasn't all that little. In fact, at first glance, people think Ellie is older. Not a year younger than the 17 year old beside her.

   Ella and Ellie's parents were dead beats. They were called a 'poster family', but no one knew what happened behind closed doors. Ella was a human stress reliever to them. All words are most certainly in past tense because they are dead. Killed in an allyway in the middle of a drug deal gone wrong. The girls would know.

   No one noticed the small, pale 15 year old with thick black, curly hair and vibrant green eyes hiding behind a near by dumpster. And only that unnoticed 15 year old noticed the small, but slightly taller than her and more tan than her, 14 year old with thick, dark brown, "straight as a stick" hair with less vibrant, but still beautiful, blue eyes that had been making her way over to her older sister.

   Ellie still had always looked on the bright side. She didn't think her parents were hopeless, she thought they would get better. So, when she saw the exchange it broke her heart, but what hurt more was what happened next.    

    The two hooded people across from her parents pulled out a gun each and shot the girls parents, Mia and Andrew. She screamed a loud,"No."

    All eyes turned to her. She didn't know what to do, she was paralyzed in fear. The hooded figures pointed the gun toward her and shot. It was Ella's turn to scream, but that isn't what she did.

    Ella loved her parents, even if they weren't really much of parents and treated her horribly, she never wished them dead. She couldn't lose her only hope in this world, too.

    So, she jumped in front of the bullet before it was even a foot from her little sister.