I failed..

Mari had been smiling as she held a drawing. He gave it too her during the visit.

She sighed. Right after the visit all the pressure and anxiety came back. Would she have to give up her identity and her miraculous to him? Mari didn't want to think. She didn't want to remember all of her worries.

A little knock was heard on the door.

What now? She thought.

"Come in." She said quietly. The door opened and it was Adrien. She instantly regretted not pretending to be asleep.

"Hello.." She quietly said.

"Hi.." He said.

There was an awkward long pause until she finally spoke.

"Any reason for visiting." She smiled.

"Well I heard about it and well I thought I'd come and see you." He grinned.

"That's very kind thank you, but I'm alright I might be leaving tomorrow.." She panicked..

"You're already healed!?" He exclaimed.

"I know it's hard to believe, even I was shocked." She said trying to keep up the conversation.

"Well um...I heard that it was Chat Noir that brought you here." He said whilst screeching internally.

"Oh uh yea, he did bring me here....." She said looking to the left.

"What do you think of him." Adrien said while mentally slapping himself.

She smiled.

"He's a good guy." She said sweetly in a whole-hearted tone.

Adrien sighed a breath of relief.

------------------------------------------
~elsewhere~

"Limiting her time is quite rude of you. It's not very fair.." The petite voice said.

"Like it matters. I never said I'd play fair. It wasn't part of the deal." He whispered.

"It'll all come back to you." The petite voice whimpered.

"You dare speak to me that way.." He said in a cold voice.

"N-no...."

"So I thought....well I'll be heading out now."

"You're going to go see her aren't you.." The voice said.

"I will not confirm nor deny that."

----------------------------------------
Mari had been sitting alone in the cold room. Adrien had left and once again she was feeling guilty.

"Man I could've stayed in New York and avoided all of this." She said while shaking her head.

"Things would've gotten worse if you hadn't showed up..." Tikki said as she came up from Mari's purse.

"What.." Mari looked up.

"Think about it, what would've happened if you hadn't arrived. All of Paris would have been covered in darkness." Tikki reassured.

"You helped many lives without even realizing it." She smiled.

"Thanks Tikki, you really know how to comfort me don't you." Mari smiled.

"Well of course." She said.

A small knock was heard on the door. Mari allowed the person to come in and it turned out to be the doctor.

"All scans and checkups have been completed. We said you were ready to leave tomorrow, but if you'd like to pack up your things today the nurses wouldn't mind." He said.

"I'm allowed to leave today?" She asked.

"Yes, but it's important that you take time to rest." He said.

She stood up quickly. Shocking the doctor a bit while doing so.

"It's all right. I have a home I can rest in. Plus other patients probably need this room more than I do, so I'll be out in a few minutes!" Mari smiled.

The doctor smiled, "if you say so."

-------------------------------------------
~a few minutes later~

"Man does the fresh air feel great." Mari said as she stretched her arms up.

She walked home with a keen eye. Well, that was what she had been doing until she bumped into somebody.

Just my luck. She thought.

"I'm sorry I didn't see you ther-" The voiced paused.

"Mari is that you?"

Mari looked up to see a smiling Peter holding out a hand. She groaned as she took it and stood up.

"So you're already out of the hospital." He grinned.

"Yea." She answered blatantly.

"That's good to hear." He smiled, but then realized they were still holding hands.

"Sorry!? That was probably awkward for you." He blushed while letting go of her hand.

"That's ok. It wasn't that awkward, but I should really get going." She said while making her way.

"See you soon....dear.." He smirked.

She ignored the comment, but then stopped staring wide-eyed at the ground. She turned around to see no one.

I really hope that was just a coincidence......

--------------------------------------------
HOLY HELL IM SO SORRY GUYS!! IM NOT DEAD I SWEAR AND I HAVENT FORGOTTEN ABOUT YOU. I've mostly been on hiatus because of all my testing. BUT I FINALLY FINISHED MY ALGEBRA FINAL SO THATS A HUGE WEIGHT OF LIFTED MY BACK. Not to mention getting and planning the story to a certain point is pretty hard. I'll also try to write some new chapters for my others fics as well. So in the mean time I hope you all enjoyed and I'm really sorry for the long wait. As always love ya, stay tuned, and goodbye <3