Chapter 9

-Tavyra's POV- 

I really had to pee. I got up from the cave of a bed and quietly made my way to open the door. The sun wasn't up yet, and it was hard to see. The only sound throughout the whole house was the soft padding of my bare feet. The party ended downstairs a while ago. Well, I didn't hear them anymore, so I guess it was over. It was rather cold in the halls, a few shivers ran down my spine. 

I realized I didn't know where the bathroom was. But I really had to go. There were 6 doors in the halls on the top floor. Two of them I knew were bedrooms. There has to be one that's a bathroom. Then I heard the bathroom flush behind me. Oh thank god! That saved me a lot of time and energy. I heard the door open and turned around. I gasped, "Montavius?" 

It was hard to see in the dark, but I could almost tell it was Montavius from here. He came closer to me and I could definitely tell it was him. "Ty? What are you doing here?" He whispered.

I scoffed, "I should be asking you that question." I was the one with the mate here. 

He seemed nervous as he shifted his weight from foot to foot, "I was....at the party. The one downstairs." 

I examined him. He was lying to me. If he was at that party, he would've done something when that girl started messing with me. I had to confirm my suspicion, "Oh, so you saw that fight, right? The girl was rude as hell. But when she dragged that girl's hair. It was so funny." I smiled and laughed. 

He chuckled along with me, but I knew it wasn't genuine, "Yea. I had to crack a smile." Yea. He was lying to me. But why? 

I forgot that I really had to pee. I had to end this conversation now, "Well, we can catch up in the morning then." 

He forced an awkward smile, "Yeah, of course." I shook my head as I walked passed him. I couldn't believe he'd lie to me like that. 

---------

I went back to bed after my run in with Montavius. It still bothered me why he was here last night because it wasn't about the party. I was on my phone, laying in bed when I received a text from Zannic. "G'morning, Gorgeous I had to leave early this morning but Kris should have breakfast ready by now. I'll be back this afternoon." I couldn't help but smile. I had to admit, Zannic was a charmer. 

My stomach rumbled and that's when it was time to get some food. I took my phone with me downstairs and halfway down the stairs, the smell of bacon hit me. Wow, I'm so hungry. I found my way to the kitchen and Kris frying some bacon and waffles. She must've heard my footsteps cause she turned around as soon as my feet hit the tile. She smiled brightly, "G'morning." 

"Morning." I muttered back. 

Kristy pointed to a already made plate next to her, "I already made your plate." I was surprised. I could've made my own, but who was I to judge. 

"T-thanks." I took the plate and sat at the semi-large table. I feel like it could fit maybe nine people. Got the syrup that was already in the center of the table and dressed my food. I had to admit, I liked waking up to all this. Not long after, Kris came to sit down at the table with me with her own plate. She had to be a morning person, cause she was just as energetic as always. 

"So, how's your arm?" She asked. I shrugged as I put some egg into my mouth. 

"It's alright. Still a little sore." I said honestly. 

She smiled as she gnawed at her bacon, "Great. Just remind me to reapply those bandages after breakfast." She was so sweet. She was basically the mother around here. She looked at the time on her wrist, "Don't be spooked by noises, everyone should be getting up at this time."