Married To My Enemy

Chapter 1

“Callie, wake up!” I hear my mother shout, trying to wake me up as she opens my window, letting the cold fresh air in, and the sun to shine through the window.

“Mum, what do you want? It’s 9am, and it’s a Saturday!” I ask my mum, as I get out of my bed and rub my eyes to make me wake up. What could be so important that she had to wake me up and ruin my Saturday late sleep routine? You see, me and my friend Darleen have this routine we follow each Saturday. We go to bed really late on Friday, and then on Saturday we stay in bed till 2pm in the afternoon. When it gets really late, we go over to each other’s houses and have sleepovers. It’s kind of crazy if you think about it, but it’s actually quite good fun.

“Sorry honey, but you need to cancel your sleepover plans with Darleen for two months. We have important things to do. Go and have your breakfast, and then get ready. We need to go over to Rachel’s house, and have a little chat.” My mum says, leaving my room before I have a chance to argue back.

Oh, I forgot to tell you who I am. Well, I’m Callie Elise. I’m 17 years old, and I’m in sixth form right now. My best friend is called Darleen Freeman. She’s pretty much everything that I’m not. I’m not gorgeous or clever as her. She is perfect. I could just say she’s gorgeous, clever, funny and all that, but perfect pretty much covers that all. Then there’s Rachel Mallis. She’s my mum’s best friend. She’s like a second mother to me, and she treats me well. I go to her house every day. But then my worst nightmare appears. Andrew freaking Mallis. Rachel’s son. Yes, I hate him. You have no idea how much I hate him. He’s just so annoying, and weird. I feel like being sick whenever I think about him. He makes me cringe, it’s unreal. Anyway, I have to see him every day because our parent’s our best friends, and the worst part is, we’re neighbors!

I tidied up my room a little, and then went to brush my teeth in my bathroom. Once I finished brushing my teeth, and washing my face, I decided to go and look for some clothes. I opened my huge closet, and started searching for something nice and comfy to wear. It was above 30° degrees outside, so I needed to wear something a little more revealing. Finally, I decided to wear some denim shorts, with a purple geek top. I put on my white pumps, and sprayed my favorite perfume on my body. To finish off my look, I put on my friendship necklace, and bracelet on, and my “Saturday” pair of earrings. I grabbed my bag which contained my hair brush, and other essentials that I need throughout the day, and quickly put my hair into a messy bun. I ran downstairs and quickly had my breakfast; sausages, eggs, bacon and beans. My favorite. I took out my iPhone, and composed a new text to Darleen.

“Sorry Darl, won’t be able to go to yours for two months! Mum wants me to go to Rachel’s, she has a ‘surprise’ for me and Andrew…” and then I sent it.

“Text me what the surprise is, love you.” she texts back, a few seconds later.

“Will do.” I text back. I finish eating my breakfast, and grab my bag as well as walking to my mum’s car.

“You ready?” my mum ask me, as she starts to drive. “So what’s the big news then” I ask, while checking my Twitter. “You’ll see.” My mum replies, not really giving me any clues to what the surprise may be.

Once we get to Rachel’s and Andrew’s house, I walk up to the sofa, sitting down on it and I turn on the TV. Hollyoaks was on, yes! A few minutes later, Andrew came downstairs in a white vest top and black jogging bottoms which were pulled down low so you could see the band of his boxers. Show off. He came and sat down next to me on the sofa, and took the remote off me, turning off what I was watching, and turning on the music channel.

“I was watching that!” I shriek, annoyed at him.

“You’re not now.” He says, rolling his eyes and turning up the volume.

“Idiot.” I mumble, rolling my eyes, and taking out my iPhone to text Darleen.

“Why do you even have a phone? It’s not like you have any friends to text.” He complains, trying to make me annoyed, and he very much well succeeded.

“Look who can talk!” I roll my eyes, annoyed at him.

“Guys, you need to stop arguing! And Andrew, turn it down. We need to tell you guys what the surprise is.” Rachel says, sitting down next to him on the sofa, as well as my mum sitting down next to me.

“So, I and Rachel have been thinking...” my mum starts of saying.

 “You know how we’ve always been best friends…” Rachel continues saying.

“Well, we’ve decided that…” my mum says.

“YOU’RE GETTING MARRIED TO EACHOTHER IN 2 MONTHS!” they both scream, excited as ever. I sit up in my seat, and my eyes widen in horror.

“WHAT?!” me and Andrew both scream, not liking their idea.

“Oh, come on. It won’t be that bad. Just try and get along, fall in love, and BAM! You’ll have no problem with getting married.” Rachel cheerfully says.

“No way will I be getting married to him!” I complain, feeling the need to throw up all over Andrew.

“Stop complaining. You should start packing your stuff. You’re moving into your own house tomorrow in the morning.” My mum says, smiling as if this was a good thing. I swear, I saw Andrew smirk, but it faded when he saw me looking from the corner of my eye.

“You have got to be kidding me.” I mumble, getting up and walking out of the house. That’s it. I’m going to Darleen’s. 

-- eeeek! I hope yous like this first episode. could I have 5 comments and 5 votes for the next one? :D