The Day After

KATS POV.

I opened my eyes to the bright light, I never closed my curtains last night. I looked down and realized that I'm still in my prom dress. I clambered out of bed and walked over to my floor length mirror. My dress was crumpled where I had slept on it, hair was in a mess and I had panda eyes where I hadn't taken my make up off. I tried to remember what happened last night, the last thing I remember is travelling in the Aston back home. I slipped out of my dress and hung it up and changed into a pair of denim jods and a tshirt, it looked warm out. I took all the bobby pins out of my hair and dragged a brush through it, I eventually tamed it. I turned round to pick up my purse that was on the side and saw a slip of paper next to it. I sat down on my bed and picked it up and unfolded it. It said:

'Hi Kat,

I thought you'd be a but confused this morning about what happened last night, you fell asleep in the car on the way home and you fall asleep fast girl! One minute we were talking the next minute you were sleeping like a log! So I didn't want to wake you so I carried you to bed and you have an impressive amount of rosettes on your wall, you have to tell me more! Anyway, give me a ring in the morning/when you wake up. Had a really good night!

Nialler xx'

I smiled, that was cute that he left note but that is so embarrassing that I fell asleep!

"KAT!" I heard my mum shout. It was a Saturday so my mum was home. I jogged down stairs to find my mum holding a bunch of beautiful red roses in her hand. She smiled.

"These are for you darling," I took them, I was shocked. They smelt so sweet. Mum grabbed the card that was in them.

"What does the card say?" I asked.

"It says, 'to my gorgeous girlfriend, thought these matched your stunning dress that you looked so beautiful last night in! N" my mum read. Her lips curved up into a smile. I knew what she was going to say.

"please tell me you are going out with Mr I'm so hot Horan!"

"MUM!" I screeched. I can't believe she just said that.

"You think that I know you do!" She replied.

"Yea but that's just wrong! Anyway yes I am," I blushed. I can't believe I just said that, yes I'm Niall Horan's girlfriend. She pulled me by the arm into the living room and made me sit down on the couch.

"Tell me all!" She was so excited.

"But I have to go, it's 11 already and I haven't been down the horses-"

"The horses can wait, I need to know about last night!" I put the flowers on the coffee table.

"Well, we got there and-" my mum cut me off

"Wait, you need to tell auntie sue," she flipped up her laptop and logged on the Skype. She clicked on auntie Susan's icon. It rang. Eventually, she answered.

"Hello, my darling," she greeted in her thick Irish accent. Her and my mum were really close. Auntie Susan was younger than my dad and she had two brothers so that's why my mum said thy got on so well. The sister, auntie Susan, never had. My mum was an only child.

"I have some news about Kat here. You know Niall Horan from one direction took her to the prom last night, yeah, they are only going out now!" Mum gossiped.

"we were so right!" Auntie Susan laughed. I was now confused. They had been talking about me and Niall.

"Wait, you two were talking about me and Niall? I knew that you had told you because of your text but how did you know that we'd be together?" I was ultra confused.