Chapter 50

Dara's head was still throbbing in pain but she managed to open her eyes. The image of a sleeping Jiyong was the first thing she saw. He was seated on a couch that's moved near the bed where she was lying down.

She had the chance to study his features.

'I wish I didn't hear those words you said... We could have stayed the same way even if it would just all be pretense.' She told herself. 'It still hurts so bad... the thought about what I've heard... the truth that it's impossible to have US... Being with you and NOT being with you... they're both unbearable.'

Jiyong stirred from his sleep which made Dara close her eyes abruptly.

He stretched his arm and reached for the towel that's on her forehead. He then stood up and headed to the shower room to wash it. When he got back, he saw Dara sitting on the bed.

"Hey, it's still early to wake up." He told her. "How are you feeling?"

"A little better... You should have rested in your room... Have you gotten any sleep?"

"I'm fine... There you go again with worrying about others instead of worrying about your self." He stared at her.

"I'm okay now, Jiyong... I feel better. You can take a rest now."

He didn't speak. Instead, he kept his gaze at her.

"I said I'm okay now... It was probably just lack of sleep from previous days that's why this migraine attacked."

"Dara..." He spoke, almost in a whisper, his eyes were teary. He slowly walked towards her.

The feelings that he kept bottled inside since last night was about to explode.

Facing her direction, he sat on the bed and held her hand that's clasped together on her legs.

She was seated in an Indian-seat position.

He stared at her hands that he's holding. "I was a coward... I gave up easily." He spoke as his tears dropped on Dara's lap.

"Jiyong..." Dara called his name in a whisper, a lump was forming on her throat. Her eyes started to water.

"You were there... You heard what I told Kiko." He slowly lifted his head and looked at her.

Her lips trembled while tears escaped her eyes.

"Dara, I'm sorry... I didn't mean to do that... It was all just a plan."

Dara looked down. She can't look directly at him.

"Look at me." He told her but her head remained bowed down.

He held her chin and gently raised it and made her look at him. "Look at me, Dara... Look at my eyes and it will prove to you how much I love you... All the things I've told you... the gestures I've showed... they all are genuine and true... Yes, I planned to use you to have Kiko back... but that's because I haven't realized my true feelings for you that time... Those tears you've shed while telling me how much you care... That first kiss we've shared after our first dinner together... they brought this magical feeling in here." He guided her hand towards his right chest and made her feel his heartbeat.

"I know it's still not right to think of using you... I won't deny I was wrong... But believe me Dara, there's just you now... I love you... I was so hurt when you told me you never loved me and it was all because of the money... I thought I needed to let you go even if it hurts if that's what's going to make you happy." He was sniffing while well of tears flowed down his cheeks.

"The pain was unbearable, Ji... It hurts so bad it's killing me... If not for the kids, I wasn't planning to go back." She was sobbing.

"Please, Dara." He caressed her cheek and pressed his forehead on hers. "Allow me to prove to you how much I love you... that what you heard was all in the past and it was all just a plan that never really happened."