Prologue {Edited}

"Poor little Kimberly," the way she speaks with that smug voice of hers has me sick to my core and she can see this, she basks in it. She maliciously curls her perfectly painted lips before she utters her next words, I can see that she takes great pleasure in my obvious discomfort. 

"Must be painful how you have everybody's attention except that of your husband's, right? I mean its just sad." It could be her extremely sweet perfume or the fact that she exudes raw sex, but I don't like her. Never have.

"Hmm, he doesn't notice you. At. All. I don't blame him at all however, I mean what would he want with plain you when he can have ALL this?" She keeps sitting there and taunting me, relentlessly.

She keeps getting  bolder with this; first seating herself at MY table, drinking down MY wine, ordering MY waiter around and just plain taking all that which does not belong to her. Can't anybody in this establishment see that I'm in agony? Can't they heed to my silent plea? I want to leave right  this damn moment but my feet won't move; I'm frozen, just sitting here and watching her while feeling numb with trepidation. What else does she plan to take away from me? Does she plan to stop? Ever?

I have done my research and know that this..this harlot seated before me isn't as simple as the other ones, she isn't just another one of his passing fancies.

Her name is Alison. A Montgomery; a predator.

Its just my luck that she's born from a line of power hungry snakes for family and also happens to be my husbands favored mistress. 

She is my most feared enemy yet, a sister to the head of a crime family.

"Tell you what dear Kimberly," she says. "and I'll say this to you from one woman to another." She wouldn't have been wrong if she'd instead said snake.

She leans over the tiny table, her humongous breasts threatening to spill out of that ridiculous modern day corset of hers. A red dress, the devil's favorite color. 

"Leave. Leave Dominic and disappear, don't wait for him to spell it out for you when its clear. He is mine now, he's already introduced me to the people he respects the most." She shifts back into her seat, confidently convinced that she's done it. That she has conquered me.

"I mean, you don't want to actually see for yourself what'll happen if you stay right?" She giggles freely, as if the sun is not setting right before my eyes. 

She stands up, fixing up the skirt of her dress, which barely reaches past her privates. " This was nice, lets NOT do it again. Just..take my advice and we'll be fine." She winks and she's off. Leaving me to wonder about my family. My son and husband. 

Is this really it? Is this how it ends?

I know that she's all mind games and psychosis, that she'd kill you through fear before she even makes a move, this is why the last words out of her mouth have me quaking with fear.

 But this time I know that she means it, because I saw that diamond ring on her hand, she made sure of that.

They are no longer just screwing each other now, its worse. She's no longer my husband's mistress, she's his fiance.