i.

saturn by sleeping at last

• • •

You taught me the courage of stars  before you left

"I've told you the story a million times!"

"Yes, you have."

"And you know it by heart."

"I sure do."

"Then why-"

"Because I want to hear it again," He says with a soft smile on his face.

"Vice-"

He wraps his arms around the girl situated between his legs and plants a soft kiss on her hair.

"Please." He pleads with a pout she can't refuse.

"Fine." Karylle says, and tries to put up a scowl but a smile defeats her when he kisses her hair again. She may refuse to admit it, but Vice knows Karylle loves the story as much as he does.

And even if it's the millionth time he's asking, he will never get tired of it, and neither will she.

~ ~ ~

Vice guides his other half to the center of the planetarium, taking slow but gentle steps.

"You're not peeking are you?" He asks, turning his head slightly to look at her.

Karylle shakes her head, a blindfold around her eyes, "No, but I will if you don't tell me where you're taking me."

"Just a few more steps." He encourages, his smile growing bigger as they near the center.

And when they finally did, he holds her in place, "You ready, love?"

Karylle breathes in, "As I'll ever be."

Vice reaches for the folds and slowly unties it. Karylle blinks as her eyes adjust to the darkness of the room. She tries to look around but all she sees is black.

"Vice, where are we?" She asks, a hint of worry in her voice. He takes her by the hand, reassuring her that it's okay, and smiles.

"Look up." He tells her.

And so she did. Her eyes takes in the vast number of stars twinkling down at them from one end of the auditorium to the other. Karylle immediately finds herself entranced by the beauty above, and Vice wishes he had a camera to capture the moment.

"This is beautiful." Karylle says, almost breathless.

Vice nods before leaning over to give her a quick kiss. "Come, it's way better if we lay down."

"We'd get in trouble."

"Only if they find out." He tells her, laying on the floor.

She hesitates at first, but when she realizes no one else is in there with them, Karylle lays down next to Vice and stares back up at the stars.