Chapter 1

Chapter 1

* Tiffany's POV *

*Cripptt..Cripptt..Cripptt*

Urgh.. It’s Monday morning. I tried to stretch out my arm to turn off the alarm but it was on my study table! So I was forced to get out of bed and reached for my alarm clock, but I looked at the time before turning it off. It was still too early to go to school but since I couldn't go back to sleep, I tied up my hair, sat on my chair, turned on my desk lamp and began to study.

***

It’s already getting late in the morning. I could hear my dad getting ready for his work. As soon as I got dressed, I rushed to the kitchen to make our breakfast. Since my mom died in an accident when I was only 8 years old, I had to do all the cleaning, laundry and cooking and yeah, that’s ok to me since I’m already used to it.

I made toast bread and scramble egg for today’s breakfast. Dad told me that I don't have to prepare breakfast for him but I insisted since there is still a lot of time available for me to prepare for school. 

I was busy cooking the scramble egg when dad startled me with a good morning kiss.

 "Good morning cupcake!" he said as he is walking towards the dining table.

"Good morning, Dad. Breakfast will be ready soon." My dad nodded and continued to read the newspaper. 

Dad had these green eyes that were calm and gentle. His brown hair, which I inherited from, was styled neatly. Even though he was busy, he still manages his time to go to the gym twice a week, so his body was quite built up. I love my Dad so much. I don’t want to lose another parent again.

The egg was ready to be served. I put the toasted bread and scrambled egg on my Dad's plate, while I drank a cup of milk and ate toasted bread with nutella.

While my dad was still enjoying his meal, I took a peek at my watch and realized that I was going to be late. I grab my bag from the couch and headed to the door. 

“Bye, Dad! Have a good day at work!” I shouted as I leave the house.

******* 

School was only a few blocks away from home. I usually walk to school but now that I am running late, I rode my bicycle to go to school. 

After a few minutes of biking, I saw my childhood friend, Tara, at the school gate. Aha. I thought I was the only one who will going to be late, but I was wrong. 

After I placed my bike at a like-for-cars-parking-area, she was already behind me. To be honest, I was quite startled. 

"Good morning, Tiff! Late, huh?!" She grinned and I grinned back at her.

“Good morning to you, too.” We both laughed while walking to our locker’s area.

My locker and hers were neighbours. Mine was 401 and hers was 399. We talked about our weekends and she told me about how annoying her little brother, James, was. It was funny though, fighting with each others about little things. I couldn't help myself but to laugh.

Our first lesson was Math with Mr. Jones. I love Math. I feel that Mathematics is an interesting subject. Mr. Jones trained us how to solve problems both the easy ones and the difficult ones. I just don't understand why most of my classmates hate math.

As soon as Terra and I entered our Math class, I spotted him. Yes, it’s Tim. As usual, crowd was always around him. Girls were flirting with him while the boys were just hanging out with him. 

He was popular; everyone wanted to hang out with him. His hair was messy as always and his smile was charming as ever. The thing that is making my heart beats faster were his blue eyes. For me, his blue eyes were his charm. Everyone would fall in love with him at the first sight. Like me.

While I was still looking at him, our eyes met. It’s embarrassing that he caught me staring at him! I instantly looked away. But at that moment, I felt my world was perfect like a fairy tale. No worries, No doubts, No troubles. Just Love. It feels like the time has stopped and I wish it really happened. But as soon as Terra shouted at my ear, which brought back my consciousness, I knew that it was only my imagination. I could only see him from a distant. Me and Him would never happen.

The bell rang and our Math class started. I tried to focus Mr. Jones’ class to forget all the "stupid" thoughts that I had before, or should I say, still having right now?

* Tim's POV *

As soon as she entered the classroom, I could feel that my heart stopped beating. She was wearing a white AX shirt and Levi's skinny jeans. Surprisingly, her hair was tied up so I could see her face clearly. But she still wears her daily glasses. Even if the crowd is still distracting me with their stuffs, my mind was still filled and focused at her. 

When I was trying to have a peek at her face, our eyes met. She instantly pretended that she wasn't looking at me and I found out that she was very cute. I giggled when I saw her reaction and made everyone around me filled with curiosity. 

“Why did you giggle? Oh wait, are you laughing? What’s so funny?” One of the girls, June, asked me these questions.

I shook my head and replied, “Uh, nothing.”

The girls continued blabbering about their fancy stuffs which I am not even amazed or anything. I asked to myself, will they ever get tired of talking? I don’t listen to their conversations at all.

I am now waiting for the class to start. Then suddenly, the bell rang after a few minutes. I was saved by the bell. Mr. Jones came in and started the lesson. I couldn't even concentrate even for a bit since my mind was filled with her beauty and innocent face. Yes, I was day dreaming of Tiffany. But I can say this is way much better than listening to Mr. Jones’ class. I really hate Math that bad.