017

"jaehyun hyung!!"

"what now? i'm busy!"

"your fan letters have arrived. they are inside your room, check it out."

"i still have fan letters despite this whole issue thing?"

"maybe someone still loves you despite all this rumors. check them out."

jaehyun dropped his pen and he stood up. he walked towards his room and he opened the door. he roamed his eyes around to look for the fanletters and he saw a box, placed on his bed.

he opened the box and saw mini envelopes and they are scented.

"smells familiar."

he opened one envelope expecting a cute letter inside but all he saw was a blank sheet. he opened all the envelopes and they were all the same.

blank.

he's about to throw the blank papers because of disappointment when he saw  small hangul characters, written inside the box.

"byeo--byeonbal"

he repeated byeonbal inside his head as he stared into the blank space. he clutched his chest because of this strange pain. strange but familiar.

he felt a painful pang when he realized why. why it's painful. why it's familiar. and what's with byeonbal.

he hurriedly grabbed his phone and searched for someone 's contact number.

"hello..."

"hi...i-is this song residence..."

"yes it is, who is this?"

"it's not important...i ha-have a question...please answer this honestly."

"what is it?"

"how is song nari?"

"wh-what?"

"song nari, how is she? is she awake?
is she still in coma?"

"look...i'm sure you're nari's friend but i think we forgot to send this news through email..."

there was a brief silence and jaehyun can hear soft sobs from the other line.

"we already removed the life support."

she paused as she tried to stop herself from crying.

" we realized that when she jumped from sm entertainment's rooftop, she already gave up on her life. we don't want to see her suffering anymore..."

jaehyun dropped the phone as he remembered what happened three years ago.