It's Only ↣ Chapter 27

Life seems happier, the mornings are good and the nights are even better. Everyone was surprised to see us together, happy. Nita was really upset, silly girl tricks are for kids. That's exactly what I told her in class and anger flooded her face while everyone laughed to the joke.

When I finished getting dressed, I pull my hair into a bun. This morning is better, except for the fact that I have to work tonight. I go down the steps to see Tobias sitting there eating breakfast with Caleb.

Mom was ecstatic to know that we are back together and she took restrictions off. Now, we can be around each other at home without worrying about getting caught. Usually people say that good comes first before bad, I see that the opposite happened to us. I just hope it stays.

"Good Morning!" I greet everyone, slinging my arm over Tobias' shoulder. I realize that he's eating cereal, out of my favorite bowl. I gasp and he looks up at me, "Give me my bowl!!" I exclaim taking it away from him, milk splashing on the counter.

"What's yours is mine." I roll my eyes sliding across the cabinet and eating the rest of his cereal.

+++
[Tobias]

I love to see her smile. I love the way she grips my hand tightly as we walked in the hallways of our school. I love everything about her, to every fiber of hair on her beautiful head to her small and dainty feet. I love all of her imperfections, and just to have her lay her head on me and eat lunch with me puts me in the best of moods.

Everyone's jaw was dropped on the floor this morning when Tris and I walked into the building this morning, even a few noisy teachers. I didn't care, I felt honored to just hold her hand. I continue to breathe in her wonderful scent that I was longing during the time of our breakup, feeling her soft grain of hair bush against our linked hands on her shoulders, "Alright, Spring Break is coming up. We really need to brainstorm some ideas on what we want to do because I am not going to sit in the house all week." Christina says, making it clear to everyone that she isn't the type to sit in the house all day and watch TV. . . just like my Tris.

"Well," Lynn starts, folding her arms across her chest, "let's not stay in Chicago. Let's go far!" She says happily.

"Far as in down the street?" Her older sister jokes, Lynn rolls her eyes and plucks a pea at her.

"That sounds like a brilliant idea, but, I can't go that far." Marlene pulls a face, "My parent's would flip if I leave out of Chicago." She says and I feel Tris' head nod in agreement.

"Fine." Lynn mutters eating some of her food with an upset look on her face.

"Let's go camping!" Uriah perks up suddenly with a huge smile on his face. Tris sits up from my embrace and I feel cold, missing her body being pressed up against mine.

"Yeah, and we could like go to the national park by the lake and go hiking and stuff." Zeke gives his brother a high-five and they laugh together, thinking of all the possibilities.

"Gross, I hate dirt and bugs."

"Deal with it, Christina." Tris jokes, smiling at her bestfriend. "All in favor of going camping on Spring Break, say 'I'." Tris announces, playfully glaring at Christina.

"I"

"Great."

+++

"You know, I was thinking about inviting Al to go camping with us." Tris says, emerging from my bathroom, water stains on the top part of her shirt. She gets in the bed with me and snuggles close to me, feeling the heat radiate off of my body. I can't help but to furrow my eyebrows at that bastards name, I haven't even seen him a whole bunch while Tris and I were apart. I just seemed fixated on getting us back together and I am glad that I was able to.

"Al?" I question, shivering as her cold hands run up and down on my bare chest. Even though it's getting somewhat warmer outside, the afternoons and nights are harsh with freezing wind. "Why?"

"Because he's a sweet guy and he is still new, I would like for him to join us. What do you have against him anyways?" She kisses my chin, throwing her smooth leg over my waist, scooting closer to me until we are both in a comfortable position.

I bite my tongue, not wanting to frustrate her with telling her how he always stares at her. We just got back together less than 24 hours ago and I don't want to ruin it, "He can come, I don't have anything against him." I suck in a deep breath, not wanting to lie to her and tell her the truth. . . I learned from my mistakes, "I just think that he stares at you too long." I hold in my breath and start to slowly close my eyes hoping that she doesn't lash out on me, instead she laughs. I let out a sigh and she giggles, the sweet noise traveling up to my ears.

"Do you know how many girls stare at you too long, he's not going to get in between us. Alright?"

"Alright." With that, we both leave the rest of the day in silence, enjoying each other's presences. We don't worry about Marcus coming home and seeing us, we don't worry about anything, we just focus on each other.