Chapter Two

Farkle Minkus, also 22, has gone to college as well. He graduated with various degrees that didn't help him at all.

Shortly after graduation he fell into a depression. He felt as if his life had no meaning. He wasn't in school. He didn't have a job. Not many friends. And of course he lost Riley.

He soon started working at Minkus International with his father. That gave him something to live for. But still he felt empty.

The day Riley told him she was coming back was the greatest day of his life.

Now it's September 20. The day Riley is coming back. He woke up bright and early that morning. He was so excited. His phone rang.

"Hello" he said. "Hello! Is this Mr. Minkus?" The man asked. "Umm. Yes" Farkle said. "Well I'm James Grade from Kay. Your ring is in. Would you like us to send it over?" He asked. "Yes immediately" Farkle said quickly.

He hung up the phone and rushed to get himself all ready for Riley who he was to pick up at 7 tonight. He did his hair all nice and shaved. He was ready.

By 10 o'clock the ring had arrived. "That was fast" Farkle said to the man as he opened the box. It was beautiful ring with a big, but not too big, diamond and swirled designs on the band itself. "She'll love it" he whispered to himself as he shut the front door.

He came into the kitchen. His dad sat there drinking coffee. "Hey Farkle" his dad said. "Hey dad" Farkle said very happily. "You seem happy" he seemed surprised. This is the first time in a while Farkle has happy.

"I'm super happy! Riley's coming back today!" He screamed. "Wow. That's great Farkle. Maybe you'll actually get a Lawrence girl" he laughed. "Way ahead of you. Dad, I'm gonna ask her to marry me" Farkle said.

Stuart's face dropped. "What?! You can't do that! You still live with me! You guys haven't seen each other in over 6 years! What are you thinking?" He yelled at his son.

"I'm thinking I can't lose her again" Farkle said before heading towards the door. "And as for me living with you, I'm moving out" he said.

"Farkle, son, I'm sorry. That's not necessary" he said walking to his son. "No it is necessary because when I ask her and she says yes, we'll need a place to live. And I sure as heck won't live here" Farkle said.

"Okay fine" Stuart yelled as Farkle slammed the door.

Farkle decided to take a short walk to get his anger out. "How could he not believe in his own son? How dare he say I wasn't thinking? Well I thought it out and I love Riley too much to lose her again. I'm gonna make her mine" he thought as he walked down the blustery New York streets.

In just a few short hours Farkle was going to ask Riley to marry him. In a few short hours he would be going against his fathers wishes. And in a few short hours his whole world could change.
~
~
~
Hey guys sorry for slow updating I'll try harder to update more often. Hope you like it so far🙈 Please comment I love comments that aren't just "please update". For now check out my Instagram @/Lucayasriarkle 😊