Chapter 23

Logan stood in the window of my room, leaning against the sill with his back to me. He had been there since the sun went down about an hour ago. I was told by him to get some sleep so tomorrow morning I would be up and ready to learn.

I had asked why he stood there but he just shook his head. That was about a half hour ago.

"Logan." I sighed out and propped myself up on my elbows so I could see him a little better.

"Hm?" He grunted, looking over his shoulder to me.

"Please tell me why you won't come to bed."

"Don't worry about it." His eyes went back to the front yard of the school.

I let out a grown of frustration and threw my head back on the pillows.

"I can't sleep, Logan. You're obviously worried about something." I rolled on to my stomach and then turned to crawl to the end of the bed, where Logan was. "You're not laying with me." I wrapped my arms around his shoulders since he refused to turn to face me. "I'll have bad dreams and bring the entire school down."

Logan sighed and turned in my arms to face me, kissing my temple as he held me close.

"I got this feelin in my gut..... I don't go against my instincts. So I'm just gonna stay up for a while longer to make sure nothing happens."

"Is something going to happen?" I crinkled my brows as I gazed up at him through my lashes.

"I don't know." Logan rested his chin on the top of my head and ran a hand up and down my back. "But I'll keep you safe. I promise."

Another kiss was pressed to the top of my head before I closed my eyes.

"Logan?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you think I can learn to control it?" I didn't want to open my eyes. I was tired, but I just wanted to talk to him, to hear his voice.

"Of course." He didn't even hesitate to speak. "But you'll just have to be patient and focused on it. Your mutation is more mentally based, like Storm's, than physically, like mine. Now quit talkin and get some sleep."

"Lay with me!" I whined, taking his hands and pulling him down on to the bed as I laid back.

He ended up laying across me, which I didn't mind at all.

Logan started to lift himself off my body but I stopped him, holding him down to me.

"It makes me feel safer when you lay on me."

"Don't I suffocate you? I'm a whole lot heavier than you."

"It comforts me." I smiled shyly as he rested his head by mine.

"You're weird." His lips pressed a kiss to my temple. "But I like it."

Just as I was getting ready to finally close my eyes, I heard the doorknob twist open.

Logan moved so he was off of me but on his side, facing the door.

It opened all the way to reveal a familiar face.

"Magneto." Logan growled, getting up only to be thrown out the window. The glass shattered as he was propelled out of the room.

"LOGAN—," A hand was suddenly slapped over my mouth.

"Get her out of here, Callisto." Magneto spoke.

The woman holding her hand over my mouth nodded and suddenly, everything went black.