Prologue

-Zane's POV-

Aaron and Aphmau had been dating for a month, and I'd hated almost every day of it. Aaron had broken his promise. He said he wouldn't keep Aphmau to himself, but that's exactly what he's been doing. I'd become the third wheel because of him. I'd lost my best friend, my only friend, all because of him. Anger boiled inside of me as I sat on the sofa in the living room of my house on MyStreet. I grabbed the nearest thing and threw it at the wall. Turns out it was a vase. It slammed into the wall with such force that it shattered to million pieces. I winced at the sound, and heard a soft knock on my house door.
"Who is it?" I called out, still in the living room.
"It's Travis," the white haired guy said, his voice muffled by the wooden door.
I rolled my eyes and lazily got off the couch. I opened the door.
"What do you want, Travis?" My voice came off much colder than I meant it to, and I almost immediately regretted my choice of words. He didn't seem to notice the harshness in my tone. Then again, the guy flirts with Katelyn, so I don't know what else I expected.
"I just came to check on you."
"What do you mean?"
"Ever since Aaron and Aphmau started dating, you've been acting even MORE antisocial, which, no offence, I didn't think was possible."
"What? I'm fine!"
"Then how come you broke that vase?"
I went silent after that. I couldn't come up with an excuse.
"Yeah, I thought so. May I come in?"
Reluctantly, I opened the door to allow him entry to my home. He plopped down on the couch, and I sat next to him. Before I could stop them, the tears came and kept coming as if they'd never stop. He scooted a bit closer and put his arm around me in an attempt to comfort me.
"Shh... It's okay, Zane. It's okay. Just let it out."
For some reason, this resulted in even more tears coming. He wrapped his other arm around me, pulling me closer to him. I ended up laying my head on his chest, still sobbing. I eventually cried myself to sleep.

-Travis's POV-

Zane fell asleep on me, his head resting on my chest. I couldn't help but smile a bit. He was pretty cute, and seemed a lot friendlier when he wasn't giving you his one-eyed death glare. Pretty sure the guy just hates the universe in general.
I noticed that his scarf had come off while he'd been crying. I brushed his bangs away from his eye so I could see his face clearly. He was pretty good-looking, and I could clearly see the resemblance between him and his brothers now.
My smile broadened and I whispered to the sleeping Zane, "I won't let anyone hurt you like that again, Zane Ro'Meave. I promise."
And on that note, I fell asleep.

Well that's one way to start a book! Also, although people often refer to the thing that covers Zane's face as his mask, to me it seems more like a scarf, so that's what I'm calling it. Deal with it.