Chapter 20

"Be a good girl and stay still, you bitch."

I shut my eyes close and waited for the blow when I'd heard a clutter and the sound of something getting hit. I peeked and was surprised when Naoki was falling towards me. It all happened so fast I couldn't react immediately. Naoki fell on top of me.

I looked up and there, I saw Aoi Jin with a chair. He was huffing heavily and his head was bleeding. The blood crawled down to his chin and dripped. He threw the chair away and slumped on the floor, trying to catch his breath, "Th-That was...That was fucking...cl-close... Haaaa!"

Tears started to well up in my eyes again when I saw him. "J-Jin," I whispered. "Jiiin!!" I couldn't help crying out of relief. "I thought I was a goner there! I really did! What took you so long, you idiot!"

I saw his shadow move as he stood up. He approached me, limping, and rolled Naoki over to the other side. He gently pulled me up and patted my head, "Sorry. I was taking my time limping towards here." Then he looked at Naoki, "Man, that guy can really hit hard with that baseball bat."

I wiped my tears and sniffed. I crawled towards Naoki and took the baseball bat, "We better keep this away from him before he wakes up."

"Did you contact the police yet?"

When I turned to him, I nodded. As if on cue, we both heard the police's siren from a distance. A smile easily broke out of my lips. His face lit up, too. I stood up and grabbed him by the arm, "C'mon! C'mon! Let's go!"

He winced, "Ow!"

"O-Oh! Sorry, Jin!"

"Geez, careful with my arm there. Need I remind you he gave me quite a beating?" he said as he stood up. I wrapped his arm around my shoulders so I could support him as we made our way towards the staircase. He sure was beaten up real good. His bottom lip had a little cut.

I snorted, "I thought you were strong."

"Hey, that's mean! I was at a disadvantage! Minoru had a weapon and I didn't and I still survived!" Then he looked away, frowning. "Shouldn't you be proud, instead?" he mumbled.

I shook my head, smiling. I thought the police didn't believe me. I thought they weren't coming, either. Actually, I forgot that I had contacted them.

As we'd descended the stairs, we waited by the shoe lockers for the police. Their cars had already appeared by the school gate and the policemen had also come out. I waved my arm at them. One policeman pointed me and made their way towards us.

It wasn't until then that I'd noticed an eerie presence behind us. When I looked over my shoulder, Naoki was heading our way with the baseball bat on hand. He was looking at me and yelled, "We're not done yet, Mirai!!!"

I couldn't move a muscle and I felt Aoi Jin's hands on my shoulders as he pushed me away. Before I fell to the floor, I saw him get hit on the head. The police had opened fire and hit Naoki on the lap and he fell on the ground, too.

They rushed towards us and apprehended Naoki who kept on yelling and kicking at them. I looked at Aoi Jin who laid there as blood started to spread from his head. I waited for him to move.

I crawled towards him, "J-Jin?" I reached out and touched his shoulder, "H-Hey." I tried to shake him, "Jin, this is not a funny joke. Hey. You're a tough guy, aren't you? Why aren't you waking up?" Tears had clouded my vision when I shook him again. "Jin! Aoi Jin! Answer me, damn it!" I sat up and rolled him over. His eyes were closed and he was bleeding from his head. I pulled him into a hug, "Jin! Jin, wake up, wake up! I know you're already close to laughing because I'm this worried and crying and just—shit, damn it! Wake up, you idiot! Just wake up....please...." I gritted my teeth, "Just say my name so I'd know you're still awake...Jin, please....you were supposed to be a tough guy...Jin!"