Prologue

~~Third Person POV~~

"Hurry children!" Metatron yelled from downstairs. "You're going to be late for school.

"Coming!" They all yelled in unison.

Upstairs Lailah dashed around Sofie, out of the bathroom and into her bedroom. She grabbed her books, earphones and phone, shoved them in her bag and ran downstairs. Sofie then followed suit.

In the kitchen Micah grabbed 7 breakfast bars out of the cupboard and threw one each to Gabriel and Nathaniel while Dara chased Cael around the lounge room, yelling at her brother to give her phone back.

While all the children's drama was wreaking havoc on the house, Metatron stood in the doorway, smiling. He looked down and chuckled slightly at the ground. This was a good life for a retiree. He looked up again and saw his kids pulling themselves together for school, Dara with her phone back and all of them munching happily on the breakfast bars Micah had collected.

"Alright then, off with you." He chuckled again as 6 of them pushed and shoved to get out the door as Lailah just stood there, head in hands, sighing at her house mates. Metatron walked over to the girl and laid his hand on her shoulder. She turned to smile at her mentor. "Look after them won't you?" She was the youngest girl in the house at 16 but could still take down anyone.

"I always do." She hugged the man before following her friends out of the house.

Metatron closed the door behind her, trudged back upstairs and went back to sleep