Dark Moon

"That's where you're wrong, mija." she responded. "Just how close to death do they have to be?" 

"This doesn't seem so bad." my best friend, Stiles said. We were currently walking through a small town in the middle of Mexico. That's right, Mexico. 

"It's not the town, it's the plan." my beautiful, older sister replied. 

We were currently walking through some Mexican village. Concession stands and buildings made up the layout of the area we were in. Some sold fruit, while others sold clothing. The sky displayed a dusk horizon around us. 

Our shoes scraped against the dirt on that covered the ground as we walked looking for a targeted building. 

"What's wrong with the plan?" Stiles asked, bewildered by my sister's statement. My sister did have a point. 

"Stiles, this could be the stupidest plan we've ever come up. You are aware of that, right?" I finally spoke up. 

"I'm aware it's not our best." he shrugged, not convincing any of us. "We're going to die."

That's Lydia Martin for you, ladies and gentlemen. Always straight and to the point. This plan could go one of two ways. We could be successful and rescue Derek back from the Calaveras or we could fail and be killed by a dozen or so experienced hunters. 

"Are you saying that as a banshee or are you just being pessimistic?" Stiles asked, looking over at the both of us. My sister has been a banshee for over a year, but she still has trouble controlling her abilities. 

"I'm saying it as a person who doesn't want to die." she said sarcastically, a smile planted on her face. "I don't want to die either, by the way." I mumbled, gripping the strap of my bag tighter. 

"Oh thank you." Stiles responded, not pleased with our negative thinking.

Lydia and I both hummed back. 

We continued following Stiles as he led us up to this building with two guys, dawned in all black, stood guard. The three of us stood next to each other face to face with the men. Lydia took it upon herself to use her intellectual abilities and spoke to them in Spanish, asking them a question. 

The guys shared a look and returned their glances to us before shaking their heads no. 

I quickly dig my hand in my bag, pulling out a tarot looking card. I gestured the card to the both of them and noticed them nodding their heads up towards a small camera. 

I stepped forward, cautiously and lifted the card to the camera lens. Next, I hear the sound of doors opening. I step back and follow behind my sister. 

The door clicks behind us and we all let out a much needed sigh. At least step one was done. 

We walked down this dark hallway, music faintly blasting off the walls causing the lamps near the ceiling to rattle. It was inevitable for me to be scared. I was terrified. Who knows what could lie behind those doors. Hell, we could be walking into our death.

Stiles was the first to approach the door at the end of the hallway. He looked over his shoulder to me and Lydia. We gave him the nod and he pulled the door open, letting the loud music and people cheering fill our eardrums more clearly. 

The three us quickly tried to make our way through the dancing crowd and over to the bar. I found myself falling behind until I felt Lydia grab my hand. I lifted my gaze from the floor to her and sent her a grateful smile, in which she returned. 

Once we got to the bar, three full shot glasses were slid in front of us. I quirked my eyebrow up at the bartender. Is there no drinking age in Mexico or something?