Chapter 8

Today was my last day at school. It's not that exciting, what about David? We'll barely see each other.
Oh well, it's not like I'll be grounded forever. At least...

I got ready for school.
I wore my white T-shirt with a heart on it, and a blue jean skirt. I tied a red, flannel jacket round my waist.

"I need a ride." I told my parents as I arrived into the living room.

"I'll drive you. Let's go." mom replied.

I fastened my seatbelt, mom did the same. There was an awkward silence the whole way there.
"Mom?"

"Kasey," she sighed, "do those kids still pick on you?"

I sighed. "Does it matter? It's not like they'll stop--"

"Get out." she said after parking at the school.

"Bye, love you." I said, then headed for the building.
"My last day..." I muttered to myself, then bravely entered the building.

I ran into David. "Woah, I'm sorry!" I said.

He slapped his forehead. "Sorry, Kasey."

I smiled sweetly at him, then stopped, after realising the news I had for him.
"What's wrong?" he asked.

"I have to tell you something," I sighed, "my parents are homeschooling me. I'm also grounded, which means I can't see you."

"Why are you grounded?"

"I'd rather not say."

"That's fine if you don't want to talk. I have to get to class. Goodbye, Kasey."

"Bye."

After class, we got our things together, and walked to our lockers.

"Well, bye Kasey!" David said, leaving the building.

"Bye, Dave."

I turned around and ran into Clarissa.
"Sorry." I spoke quickly.

She had no response for me.

"I'm being homeschooled. I guess you know why. But Clarissa, why did you turn on me like that? We were best friends, and you were slowly drifting away. I was so upset and torn apart, until I thought you might want to be my friend again." I told her.

"Kasey, why do we have to talk? It's not like we're friends again, just because I 'stood up for you' once. Stop living in the past."

"Lose the mood!" I said. "You know? I use to think, 'me and you. We were together, everyday, always... I feel like I'm losing my best friend! I can't believe it. This could be the end!' But now, I think that maybe it's not the end. Or at least it doesn't have to be!"

"You don't know me anymore, and I don't know you. We're strangers." with that said, she left the building.

I thought it was 'Clarissa and Kasey, best friends again!' But I was wrong. So wrong.
A tear slipped my eye. "Strangers..." I whispered. "How could she?"

***
I walked home. In the rain. And when I reached home, I was soaked.

"How was school?" dad asked.

"You had to ask?" I walked straight to my room without another word.

"Kasey." dad said. "Kasey!"

"What?" I turned to him, tears slipping my face.

"What happened?" he asked.

"Dad! How would you feel if you were being bullied, called ugly, how would you feel if people said you were fat, and all that? Exactly! You wouldn't feel good. And that's not even the worst part! Clarissa stood up for me, once, I thought we were friends again! I thought wrong, I give up. Shut the door on your way out." I sat down on my bed.

"What happened to the old Kasey who never gave up no matter the situation? That school has changed you. You're my daughter, and I want this to stop. Even in public."

"Go away, please. I just want everyone to leave me alone!" I yelled, crying.

"I'll leave you alone for now, but I'm not leaving you this way." he said, shutting the door after leaving the room.

"Dear God, I know You didn't leave me this way, but You can free me from these chains." I said, in tears.

Yes, I feel like I'm wrapped up in chains, my fears surround me. I'm broken, torn apart and I don't know if I can be fixed. I realise, God is my Help. I need to stop depending on everything around me, and start Believing in Jesus.
No situation is too big for God to fix.