CHAPTER; A

"You're free kid." The cop said to the boy in the holding cell as he opened the old, rusty bars. They creaked as they opened making both the boy and the cop wince.

The kid just nodded to the cop as a silent 'Thank You'. He slowly shuffled out of the prison cell, dreading the idea of what will happen one he is out in the open, away from the safety of the cop, and the cell that held him hostage just a few short seconds ago.

He wasn't really in prison. Just a juvenile delinquent center for kids 18 and under. Don't be fooled though, it was just like prison, just with kids, slightly nicer cops, and shorter sentences.

"See you around Brandon." The cop, Dylan, called out to the blonde haired boy as he slowly got farther away.

Said boy turned around and waved, while cracking a small, toothless smile.

The cop smiled back, happy the he got the sad boy to smile. As soon as Brandon turned away, however, he let a frown overtake his features. Dylan saw the mixed emotions in the kids stormy, grey eyes. He saw the pain, fear, sadness, with not one emotion that suggested happiness in any way. The cop sighed and turned away, returning to his duties.

When Brandon turned back around, he instantly lost any trace of happiness when he saw the door for the waiting room. The boy had no idea who bailed him out. Would it be Mrs. Dales? Mr. Dales? Or worse, would it be Rick? Brandon's grey eyes instantly filled with fear at his last though.

As he kept waking, his eyes lost all emotions as he remembered what his old friend Mike had told him.

'Don't let emotions show. Anyone can use your emotions against you. Be careful petit frère.'

Brandon took a deep breath and slowly opened the door that, to most people, signaled freedom, but to him, signaled the end of freedom.

His eyes quickly scanned the room as he tensed, expecting the worst. However, Brandon sighed in relief when he met the eyes of Mrs. Dales

Mrs. Dales has been waiting in the waiting room of London's JUVY for 20 minutes. She came straight here and bailed out one of her kids the second she got the call. She too was having mixed emotions. The middle aged woman was worried, anxious, furious, and disappointed. This was the 3rd time this month that Brandon had been in here!

As soon as Mrs. Dales saw Brandon she shot up from her seat and scurried over to him, purse in hand. The 37 year old woman the pulled the 16 year old into a bone crushing hug.

Most teenagers would be embarrassed by this, but not Brandon. He loved being hugged, heck he loved just being loved! So of course, with this is mind, he hugged the lovely woman back with just as much might.

They were both glad to see each other.

But soon that calm, peaceful moment soon ended as Mrs. Dales pulled away and started whacking Brandon with her purse.

The receptionist quickly looked up to see what had cause the ruckus, but just chucked slightly at the sight before her. A middle aged brunette woman was hitting a cowering, young blonde boy with her too big purse.

She was used to this.

Of course, the first time it had happened she had been worried that there was some child abuse going on and that was why the boy seemed so sad, so she immediately called for security. It turns out that she had misunderstood, the crazy lady was actually really nice and was just frustrated and the boy was not hurt at all.

The lady behind the computer watched the scene before her for a few more seconds before she got a phone call, and she went back to doing her job.

After a few hits, and some not so pretty words from Mrs. Dales later, the frustrated lady slowly lowered the purse while panting slightly, while mumbling something like 'done, calm down' and 'don't hurt baby'.

Brandon heard this but of course, said nothing about it. Sometimes he wished he had the energy and motivation to talk, but he could do nothing about it, it just made life so much easier sometimes. Of course it made stuff harder every once in a while, but he was used to it.

Mrs. Dales then slowly brought her hand up to the boy's face and lightly touched the bruise that lay on his cheek. She frowned and muttered a small 'sorry' when he flinched away from her gentle touch.

Brandon instantly saw the frown that overtook the usually happy woman's features, and that made him frown.

He hated when he made people sad, but that's what he seemed to do best.

Brandon thought all that he was good at was with disappointing, angering, or upsetting people.

He hated it.

Brandon was tired of making people not be happy, he did it all the time.

So, for the sake of making Mrs. Dales happy again, he cracked another small smile.

He loved the smile that was returned to him.

He may not like his smile, but he loved other people's smile. Everyone's smile was beautiful in its own way. Well, everyone's except his, and maybe Ricks creepy smile that he always gave the blonde boy.

So, together Mrs. Dales and Brandon walked out of the stuffy building and made their way to the dark gray minivan that belonged to the older woman.

After a short drive, they arrived home.

Mrs. Dales Orphanage.

They walked up the stepping stones and to the big wooden double doors together.

Mrs. Dales placed her hands over Brandon's small ones when he placed his hand on the door handle.

She looked into his eyes and said gently, "When we get in there, I want you to go straight to your room okay?"

Brandon, of course said nothing, and just gave her a small nod of his head.

The middle aged woman nodded her head and removed her hand from Brandon's.

Brandon opened the door and closed in gently behind him after Mrs. Dales entered.

He then made his way upstairs and into his room, hating every second of it as he got disgusted stares and he heard comments about him as he walked to his room.

As soon as he got into his room he locked the door and collapsed on his bed and started crying.

He hated the kids there and hated all of their rude remarks.

Brandon hasn't even talked to some of them and they're mean to him for no reason at all!

Luckily, Brandon had his own room.

Unluckily, it was because no one wanted to be near him, let alone share a room with him.

All Brandon wanted was some friends, someone who wouldn't judge him for no reason, someone to love him.

All Brandon wanted was love.

Word Count: 1151

Hola Señors and Señoras! I finally published the first chapter! Who is this Rick person and why doesn't Brandon like him? Okay, so I'm still deciding on who will play the characters, but don't worry, I'll figure something out! Adiõs Amigos!

~authorXD