Chapter Two

"Could you help me find the real Alice?"

"What?" The Doctor answered with a frown. Is the Mad Hatter mad? Did he really want The Doctor to help him find a fairytale character?

"Please" The Mad Hatter begged which made the Doctor roll his eyes. "Pretty please?"

"Yeah yeah, just stop doing - whatever your doing" The Doctor answered with confusion. The man in front of him and fallen onto his knees and layed down as if her worshipped The Doctor.

"What?"

"Don- just don't to that". The Mad Hatter shrugged and then smiled at him. Suddenly he widened his eyes.

"Doctor, look" he said and pointed at something that moved towards them. A Dalek.
The Doctor heart started to beat faster. This is impossible. No!

"Exterminate" The Dalek shouted and shot a ray towards the two men but it didn't reach its target. Instead, the both men jumped aside and fell to the ground.

"The end of the universe huh? Perfect hiding place! But from what?" The Doctor pointed out and arose from the ground.

"Who are you?" The Dalek simply asked and ignored the Doctor's question.

"Answer me!"

"We do not obey orders from a stranger",

"Stranger? After all these years and you still don't know who I am? Perhaps the name Doctor will make you frightened!"

Silence.

The Dalek didn't know how to respond. It was in shock to meet the eye of its sworn enemy. The Time Lord who has defeated his race over and over again, no matter how mighty they are.

"Now answer me!" The Doctor shouted again. "What are you doing at the end of the universe?!"

The Mad Hatter's eyes narrowed as he glared at The Dalek. He felt different for the first time in his life. He felt strong and even powerful. The Doctor was changing him.

"We are hiding" The Dalek began.

"Yes, but from what?!"

"And rebuilding forces".

"But why? What makes you want to do that?"

"The Dalek race is dying. If we die, you die with us".

"No" The Doctor answered.

Silence.

"No! I won't let it happen! Not today, not ever!"

"Doctor" The Mad Hatter whispered and looked around with worry. "Doctor" he whispered again.

"What?!" The Doctor's voice was shaking with fury.

"T-the round things" he pointed his finger up in the sky. "Look at the round things appearing".

"Oh no! Those are not just round things! They're planets! Hey!" He shouted at the Dalek who didn't respond. "What are you doing?"

Without answering, The Dalek drove away from the place which made the Doctor sigh heavily. Exchanging glances, The Doctor and The Mad Hatter run shortly behind until they met nothing but a wall.

"I could have sworn that I saw The Dalek go this way!" The Doctor exclaimed and ran a hand through his hair. What on Earth could have happened?

"Perhaps there's a secret door?" The Mad Hatter asked smoothly which made The Doctor widen his eyes.

"What?"

"I sai-"

"I know what you said bu- of course!" He shouted and grinned widely. "Brilliant you are!"

Pulling out his sonic screwdriver, The Doctor began to scan the door while The Mad Hatter acted like a lookout. Suddenly, the wall moved upwards and the two men could easily walk through it.

"Amazing " The Mad Hatter whispered as his mouth fell open.

"Brilliant" The Doctor replied.