Prologue

-', 𝗣𝗥𝗢𝗟𝗢𝗚𝗨𝗘ˎˊ˗❱˚ little things : 些細なこと ! ˚ˑؘ

-', 𝗣𝗥𝗢𝗟𝗢𝗚𝗨𝗘ˎˊ˗
❱˚ little things : 些細なこと ! ˚ˑؘ

Ichinose Kaoru shudders as the night breeze of Paris hits her figure. It was escalating rather quickly to the time of the year where red maples would grow to decorate the world, and she knew her rosy cheeks were the cause of the season's sudden change of atmosphere. The girl paid her taxi bills, and as the vehicle started going out of her sight, she finally stepped inside the airport with both bags tailing behind her.

"Attention. United Airlines flight 760B to California, Gate 23C is now boarding. We are now inviting those passengers with small children, and any passengers requiring special assistance, to begin boarding at this time. Please have your boarding pass and identification ready..."

The flight announcement seemingly drowned out her ears as she quickly dialed the unfamiliar, yet nostalgic contact on her phone. The combinations of the number made a short melody of her favorite lullaby, and it wasn't long before she placed them to her ear to hear the quite grumpy voice on the other side.

"Ah, hey Gin-ya. How's it going over-"

"So ya' finally decide to pay the old 'geezer a visit, huh? 'Bout time, young lady."

The face of the so-told young lady began to form a smile from her poker face, one usually bystander wouldn't get to see in a certain chance, maybe even never if the call didn't happen.

The soft smile couldn't leave her face as she continued, "Well, momma would definitely not let me sleep like a baby at night if I didn't at least visit you before you visit the graves."

"I confess I did say I'mma old geezer, but it's still a long way 'before none of 'dat would visit me before me' own granddaughter will." He replied with a strong dialect.

This time a chuckle escaped the girl's lips, perking some of the strangers around her at the delicate, yet somehow memorable voice. The girl spent the next few minutes exchanging small talk with the person who's currently standing on the other side of the globe. And yes, it has been years since they have seen each other, let alone spend small moments together. For sure, one another must have grown much older than in the last seven years.

"Attention. ANA Airlines flight 480A to Tokyo, Gate 9A is now boarding. We are now inviting those passengers..."

The cue to her flight has been made, and she barely says anything to notify her grandfather before the latter himself spoke up, "It's time 'en."

She hummed in response, gripping her phone with her shoulder so that her free hand could pull her baggage towards her flight, "11 hours on flight, so I probably would be off during it all. I'll remember to give a ring after landing, though."

As the girl finally checked the boarding pass at the gates, she was left to cut the line off as a need to board the plane, just shortly waiting for a goodbye from the other side. But he released a sigh instead.

"... ya' sure ya' ain't gonna live with us?"

A question mark formed on top of her head, but grinned nonetheless, even if the latter couldn't see it, "Gin-ya, I'm seventeen now."

"Ya' still me' granddaughter, tho'."

She scoffed humorously as a way to stifle her laughter, chuckling, "Don't worry. I lived quite independently for years over here, and nothing serious happened. Pretty much going to be the same over there, even more safer I'm thinking. Besides, how would I live in Kyoto if my school is far over in Tokyo?"

The old man released another, much defeated sigh at her reasonable words. She must have understood the concern he radiates, especially to the one and only grandchildren who's going to be in Japan, plus hasn't even seen for seven years. And he also understands that she is no longer the kid who'll spend days outside just to chase Katsu around the garden, casually falling into the Koi pond and then nonchalantly moving on to eating a dango, still in her wet form.

It was just, he missed the girl who had turned into a lady for the last few years without his notice.

"Aye'", the old man paused, "ya' really are a young lady now, huh?"

Another delicate smile grows on her lips as she herself slowly recognizes how grown, much more than she expected and needed these past years, "Yeah, Gin-ya. I guess I am."

Maybe to cover the delicate side of his, which Gin-ya would rarely show because of his hard-headed mind and coverageㅡ plus high ego as Grandma would always complain aboutㅡ Gin-ya decided to end the call shortly without any more weeps, "Well 'en, have a safe flight over 'der. Don't forget 'bout our souvenirs, 'cuz Maria has really been looking forward for 'emㅡ much more 'dan your arrival, I would say."

"Hai, hai," she stifled another erupting chuckle, "Right then, I'm gonna board now. See ya' later, Gin-ya." She tried adding similar dialects to her words too, which made the latter laugh.

"See ya' too, Kaoru." And the line was cut.